Stereo sound gone bad

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Today I drove to the shop it was fine only on a low level , came out of shop and when it turned on it was still on very low level but came on very loud distorted and only through middle speaker turned it off and on again same thing is happening even at level 2 it’s a loud distorted horrible noise ? Anyone else had this problem how can I reboot it

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Is it a bit like the video at time 4:47 found in this thread ?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=466
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Yes that’s exactly the same . I held down power button for like 30 seconds and after rebooting it’s been fine . Can’t be good for the speakers tho
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

I had this last night for the first time. My wife was driving so I was able to sort out the reboot otherwise it might have been a bit stressful. After rebooting, i couldn't get Android Auto to restart but was able to play audio through Bluetooth. When we got home, and had a chance to problem solve, I was still struggling with AA so I reset it again and finally, everything went back to normal. Hope this doesn't happen too often.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

ChangoMutney wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:57 am I had this last night for the first time. My wife was driving so I was able to sort out the reboot otherwise it might have been a bit stressful. After rebooting, i couldn't get Android Auto to restart but was able to play audio through Bluetooth. When we got home, and had a chance to problem solve, I was still struggling with AA so I reset it again and finally, everything went back to normal. Hope this doesn't happen too often.

Hmmm. And you’re on ME3 too, I think? So ME3.X might not have resolved this infrequent, but nonetheless alarming issue when it occurs.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Goaty wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:14 am
ChangoMutney wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:57 am I had this last night for the first time. My wife was driving so I was able to sort out the reboot otherwise it might have been a bit stressful. After rebooting, i couldn't get Android Auto to restart but was able to play audio through Bluetooth. When we got home, and had a chance to problem solve, I was still struggling with AA so I reset it again and finally, everything went back to normal. Hope this doesn't happen too often.

Hmmm. And you’re on ME3 too, I think? So ME3.X might not have resolved this infrequent, but nonetheless alarming issue when it occurs.
Yep sadly, this bug was not caught by 3.1. Do people find it only happens once and then never again, or is this something that happens from time to time?
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I think it’s only happened once for me. Definitely no more than twice, in a year’s worth of ownership (driven several times a day, every day).

🤞
Bikeronnie

Post by Bikeronnie »

Had this happen to me this morning and I about pooped out a lung! My 5 year old found it hilarious though!!! Got out of car and locked it and tried again but it came back, I then turned the volume right down to sort it out after the school run, after leaving the car at the school for about 20 mins I returned and it had sorted itself out!
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Bikeronnie wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:07 pm Had this happen to me this morning and I about pooped out a lung! My 5 year old found it hilarious though!!! Got out of car and locked it and tried again but it came back, I then turned the volume right down to sort it out after the school run, after leaving the car at the school for about 20 mins I returned and it had sorted itself out!

Is yours brand new, and on ME3 software (as far as you know?). Thanks.
Bikeronnie

Post by Bikeronnie »

Goaty wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:09 pm
Bikeronnie wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:07 pm Had this happen to me this morning and I about pooped out a lung! My 5 year old found it hilarious though!!! Got out of car and locked it and tried again but it came back, I then turned the volume right down to sort it out after the school run, after leaving the car at the school for about 20 mins I returned and it had sorted itself out!

Is yours brand new, and on ME3 software (as far as you know?). Thanks.
Yes , I took delivery Jan 30th and it has the % next to the battery on the drivers display. After 1147 miles (4 weeks old) it went in for a new heater after the dreaded "Electric drive not working correctly" fault on the dash, picked it up on weds and then 5 days later had the "thrash metal" speaker syndrome! After browsing this forum today there's so many little Enyaqisms plaguing this car and all I'm thinking now is "whats next and when"! Shame really as I'm really enjoying driving it.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post