RCD tripping EO mini Pro untethered

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
RWH

Post by RWH »

Is anybody else experiencing problems with the RCD tripping overnight? I assume it's happening when my car first starts charging. Very frustrating to find in the morning that it hasn't charged. I have a EO mini Pro charging point.

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Had the charger only stated having this issue ?

Sounds like a faulty RCD potentially, installer should replace this under a warranty for free.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
RWH

Post by RWH »

It's happened about 4 times. EO looked at some remote diagnostics and couldn't see a problem. I've got back in touch with them, so hopefully they'll get the installer back out.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

If the RCD is tripping and not the unit over the air diagnostics won't see anything but a loss of power.

Is it an intermittent fault then ?
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Our EO Mini Pro 2 is installed externally on our detached garage. The electrical supply to the garage is via 6mm t and e directly from the meter box. Ethernet is supplied optimally by Cat 5 external grade cable directly from our home hub (Sky) and further upgraded by those plug in range extender thingies…
Prior to installation of the EO we added a dedicated earthing spike in closest possible proximity to the proposed site of the EO. Octopus installed a dedicated (one way only) additional consumer unit drawing from split tails serving the EV only. (Apparently there is a recognised risk in using an electric charger RCD/breaker in an existing consumer unit.)
I have found it best to rely solely on the settings found in the EO app and not to confuse matters by grappling with the charging settings in the car itself. In fact I consider the ‘Return to Factory Setting’ to be one of the most useful buttons the car has (with regard to charging).
I have earlier posted at length about using the Mini Pro. I would add that when setting the times I have found it useful to ensure that both weekday AND weekend times are set identically even if it is not the weekend.
No idea if any of these musings will have a bearing on your problem.

Fossilnot
RWH

Post by RWH »

Fingers crossed but it's been behaving for the last 2 months, but thank you for posting the additional information.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post