Heated Rear Seats

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

Hi,
My Enyaq has heated rear seats, but the buttons to operate them operate the opposite seats. However the seats don’t operate unless there is someone sitting in them. Local dealership has said it’s a software fault and they anticipate a fix in early 2022. Anyone else having the same issue?
iV80 Suite : Assisted Drive Package + : Light and View Package Basic : Parking Package Basic : Convenience Package Plus : Climate Package Plus : 20” Vega Wheels : 125kW charging

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Will hopefully be able to let you know in under 2 weeks when I get mine (with rear heated seats). 👍
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Will check this out, no reports from the kids about it. But apparently sometimes the rear seat heating is not possible to turn on... Now we start to use it more in Finland, so I guess will see how well it works.
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Ours work well, right switching the right side, left the left one. Don't think it is a SW issue. But hard to see how it can be wired wrong... would suppose the cables can't be fit the wrong way, but who knows I think the shop should be able to check for hw failure.
Did not check if it needs one to sit in the seat, but makes sense, just as well as it turns of aircon for passenger side if nobody is seated there. Save energy wherever possible.
greenmach

Post by greenmach »

I have the same issue. The left works the right and the right doesn’t work at all!

It’s been in the garage and they’ve found no faults with it so also believe it to be software related.
Their demonstrator also had the same issue!
Hillocklane

Post by Hillocklane »

Yes, having this exact issue and car booked to go in to Skoda this week.
Both seats occupied, they work fine... both seats come on.
One person on the right and the left side button lights up and seat heats but the right will show no lights and does not heat
Someone sat in the left, neither seat will come on.
RichR

Post by RichR »

So as a workaround until the software is updated, you just need to fool the system into thinking both seats are occupied. Maybe put something like a heavy bag on the unoccupied seat?
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Id want a switch upfront for that - Can you switch them off on the screen?. The kids can bloody freeze rather than use my battery :lol:

Found out that they (my eldest) secretly installed a power supply from the boot to the rear seats for their devices to charge - I lost the plot initially but had a good laugh afterward 8-) s.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
Hillocklane

Post by Hillocklane »

RichR wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:49 am So as a workaround until the software is updated, you just need to fool the system into thinking both seats are occupied. Maybe put something like a heavy bag on the unoccupied seat?
A good point - not tried that yet...
Hillocklane

Post by Hillocklane »

metalmadhammer wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:15 pm Id want a switch upfront for that - Can you switch them off on the screen?. The kids can bloody freeze rather than use my battery :lol:

Found out that they (my eldest) secretly installed a power supply from the boot to the rear seats for their devices to charge - I lost the plot initially but had a good laugh afterward 8-) s.
Curiously you can 'lock' the rear climate settings and adjust the rear temperature from the main control screen, but i don't think this allows you to remotely turn the heated rear seats off once already on.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post