Sat Nav problems

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Persolus

Post by Persolus »

DazAutomatic wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:58 pm May be it only affects Daz's?
Nope...I have the same problems - not centering map and no night/day mode.

DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

The dealer had my car for a day only to tell me that the update for the software was not for my version of the car I have. So no update was done and I was told Skoda are still working on a software update for my version of the car. You can imagine that I was less than impressed. Would you accept a TV that only showed one channel and you were asked to wait 8-9 months for a software update to fix it? I don’t think so.

He showed me a newer version of the hardware in another car and I can see that rather than a blue car indicator on the sat nav, as mine has, it had a green one. I have seen somewhere that the green one does not have the same problems.
iV80 Suite : Assisted Drive Package + : Light and View Package Basic : Parking Package Basic : Convenience Package Plus : Climate Package Plus : 20” Vega Wheels : 125kW charging
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

Mine is booked in for the new year with the same issue. I'll let you know if they identify anything different.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

DazAutomatic wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:23 pm Mine is booked in for the new year with the same issue. I'll let you know if they identify anything different.
Thank you.
iV80 Suite : Assisted Drive Package + : Light and View Package Basic : Parking Package Basic : Convenience Package Plus : Climate Package Plus : 20” Vega Wheels : 125kW charging
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

RichR wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:39 am If you tap on the car arrow icon, does that move it back to the middle? What about an expanding pinch to zoom out?
I wonder if it thinks you’ve dragged the map do the car is off the screen and is leaving at the closest point that is on the screen.
Thanks for the good suggestion. Fearing this would only embarrass me at the car doctor, I've tried this out.
In 2D the car is in the centre, in 3D, it's off the bottom. An expanding pinch zooms out the map, but the car stays off screen at the bottom.
This is all when Sat Nav is in full screen mode. When its half-screen in the home page, it doesn't zoom in or out at all (does yours?).
Night mode doesn't work in any format on any screen, at night, with headlights on.
So it's still booked in for an overnight stay. We love the car, and can use sat nav on the phone, but it should be fixed.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
RichR

Post by RichR »

Yeah, I think it only can be zoomed and positioned in full screen mode. Worth a try anyway - I have managed to get mine with the car stuck at the bottom, not showing where I am, but tapping on the arrow car icon moved it back to normal.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

RichR wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:31 pm Yeah, I think it only can be zoomed and positioned in full screen mode. Worth a try anyway - I have managed to get mine with the car stuck at the bottom, not showing where I am, but tapping on the arrow car icon moved it back to normal.
I have tried everything and the dealership have acknowledged that there is a problem and Skoda know about it and are working on a fix. The dealership said that their directors car has the same issue.

RichR, what colour car do you have, Blue or Green? They said that it seems green ones don’t have the same issue!
RichR

Post by RichR »

Green circle round the arrow on the nav screen. But my actual car is blue 🙂
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

RichR wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:33 pm Green circle round the arrow on the nav screen. But my actual car is blue 🙂
:D Ah yes I meant on the sat nav, lol. :lol:
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

We have the problem of Sat Nav night mode not working and blue-circled car off the bottom of the screen so you can't see the junction.
Our dealer is telling us that the night mode actually does work, but we're not convinced we see any difference. They also say the car is in the correct place on the screen.
Could somebody show us a photo of night mode vs day mode please, and/or where the car should be on the 3D screen, so we can compare with what they're telling us?
That would be really helpful, not least for our own sanity. Thank you.
Alternatively, if anyone who had this problem once has now solved it, any tips appreciated. Thanks.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post