Clicking / pulsing from the dash area

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Hillocklane

Post by Hillocklane »

Has anyone else noticed a very light clicking from the dashboard - like an electrical pulse - for blocks of 15 seconds followed by 30 seconds quiet.

First noticed it whilst sat waiting in traffic - no kids, no radio on… scenario that’s doesn’t happen often! Road noise covers it when moving

Initially thought it was the Qi charger, but it’s still there even when the phone isn’t there, plus the noise is more towards the centre of the dash.

It’s not bad enough to want to let Skoda pull the car apart, but curious to know if it’s just an Enyaq thing generally and they all do this, or equally if anyone knows what it might be?

RichR

Post by RichR »

Could it be the heater vent selection flaps maybe? They’d be in the centre I reckon. Try turning the climate control off and see if it stops.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Hillocklane

Post by Hillocklane »

Good thought - but sadly it continues with the Climate off, so not that.

Curiously when i got in the car to specifically test that, it didn't happen, even after a good 10 mins waiting.
RichR

Post by RichR »

How about a cooling fan in some electronics switching on and off in response to temperature? On my Outlander if it's really quiet, I can hear several small fans from the instrument panel and radio area at times.

Dunno really - just thinking what it might be :) I probably wouldn't notice as I almost always have the radio on when I'm driving...
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ same here in my BMW; at least two small (or very quiet) fans kick in somewhere in the dash from time to time, even if the A/C / heater fans are completely off. I say at least two, because I can hear harmonic phasing between them.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Hillocklane

Post by Hillocklane »

Makes sense... will see if i can record it, see if that matches up.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post