More range reported with Clima ‘on’ than with it ‘off’ !!

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Bizarrely, my range display shows I have more range when Clima is ‘on’ than when Clima is off !!!

Anyone else noticed this oddity?

Thanks !!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

Rudesing

Post by Rudesing »

Yup. I saw the same thing the other day on mine.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Only on a low setting though; turning the heat up affects the range as expected. But just blowing air (with A/C deactivated) seems to report better range than what’s reported after pressing ‘Clima Off’
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

I wonder: fan is driven by the 12V battery. PTC heater, aircon and heat pump by the traction battery. So if climate control is only circulating air then it’s not using the traction battery so no reduction in estimated range, but there’s something in the calculation that’s overestimating it? Or maybe for a minute or so after switching it on or off the battery load changes and the voltage suddenly rises or falls then settles and the BMU report isn’t quite accurate?

Just thinking of ideas why it might do that. 🙂
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post