Service Interval

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Wolfcreek

Post by Wolfcreek »

The main dealer service sticker in my Enyaq80 has Service in 15,000km/1 year. Got the car in July and have hit that already. Contacted Skoda Customer Care and they confirmed Service Interval is 2 years to maintain warranty, no mileage associated with it. The 'Service Plan' documentation I received at purchase includes inspection at 1 year, full service at 2 years and inspection at 3 years, again no mileage associated. Planning to keep driving and get car inspected after 1 year, or if my own tyre/wiper/brakes checks indicate I need to do it sooner.
Anyone else come across this?

DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

I'd thought it was 2 years. That's one of the things with EVs - servicing is cheaper to do and there's less to go wrong. But haven't got the car yet so can't say for sure.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Your Enyaq will remind you I am sure.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
orrery

Post by orrery »

... it may be that the car is set for fixed servicing intervals, rather than dynamic.

I had this argument with the dealer on the last Skoda I bought. He told me that, to get 2 year servicing, I'd need to request that they set it for dynamic service intervals and not fixed.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

Standard service interval is 2 years from what I understand but if the dealer has done a 'Service Plan' then maybe they do you more. If it wasn't free then you're probably paying for more than you need.
theriverside2

Post by theriverside2 »

I’ve had this discussion with my local dealer today who had told me the service was due at 20k and duly booked in - they’ve had the car for 2 days which included them fitting a new parking sensor, but on collection was told they hadn’t serviced the car as they’ve now been advised it’s due every two years irrespective of mileage. Given I’ve done 22k in 9 months despite not being able to drive for 6 weeks after an op, I explained that I’ll be knocking on the door of 70k after 2 years. They’re adamant it won’t need a service until then, but surely there will be things that need some sort of attention?!
altitude2k

Post by altitude2k »

I feel like EV servicing is a bit of a scam. There really is very little need for it considering the lack of fluids and low wear and tear on the brake system. But traditional OEMs build the orange light into the car to keep the dealership franchises happy. Doesn’t apply to Tesla where they have no franchise dealership network to keep happy, so they just do what’s right for EVs - fix when broken.
RichR

Post by RichR »

According to the Skoda workshop manual, it's two years or sooner if the car display determines it requires a service. Due to the lack of moving engine and transmission parts like a petrol or diesel car with a gearbox, there's no mileage related requirement as such.

Bear in mind the service consists mainly of changing the pollen filter and brake fluid, otherwise it's all just inspection of the condition of bearings, bushes, wiring, brakes etc and rectification if anything is showing signs of wear. Oh, and the 4G communication module needs to be replaced every 14 years :D

I would question any dealership that wants to do a service any sooner than two years or based on a mileage to show you the document where they got that information from so we can update our knowledge. It's possible that Skoda have issued an advisory to dealerships that overrides what's in the workshop manual.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Has anyone managed to get a cost for the first service yet sure my Karoq we looked at something between £150 & £260 from memory I can't remember.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Don’t forget if you have a 60 Enyaq the tyres should be rotated every 10000km according to the Skoda Manual.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post