Charging locations on navigation system?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
rsilk49

Post by rsilk49 »

Can the built-in navigation system find the nearest charge points and route you to a selected loacation? If so, which providers does it include?

.rs

oceanexplorer

Post by oceanexplorer »

I was having a play with this tonight, if you go to search for a destination at the top of the keyboard are a number of icons one of which is a petrol pump symbol, click this and it will enter "charging station" as the search and display the chargers nearest to you, you can then see the providers which seem to be pretty comprehensive. In the map settings you can select to show "all" or "powerpass" charging stations only, I tried the latter but it didn't seem to filter the results in anyway.

Equally if you enter a destination the sat-nav monitors your range and will either suggest a re-charge point on the way or if it thinks you can get to a destination but on the way your range drops more that expected it will update and route you to a charger. We had this doing a journey to Dundee, it said that we wouldn't make and routed us off for a charge but when the battery drops below 20% it uses the last 6 mins of driving to assess the likely range and in our case we were now on A roads a much lower speeds meaning it decided that we could make it to our destination after all.

The only thing I'd like to know is if it takes into account the availability of the charger when it routes you and if a charging bay becomes full will it re-route.
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

oceanexplorer wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:20 pm I was having a play with this tonight, if you go to search for a destination at the top of the keyboard are a number of icons one of which is a petrol pump symbol, click this and it will enter "charging station" as the search and display the chargers nearest to you, you can then see the providers which seem to be pretty comprehensive.
Interestingly the system doesn't list any Gridserve charging points even though I have the system set to show all points. This seems a strange omission not to have one of the UK motorway systems most numerous providers in the database.

EDIT: Ok apologies I was wrong. I had 'Available Chargers' selected in the filter.
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post