Front Grill Surround ?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Full bumper job I just wrap so much cheaper and did the same on my kodiaq and lasted over 3 years no mess marks or chips

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Just had a wee look in the daylight this is easy done without removing the front grill, the top cover where the bonnet release is can be removed to give better access. It's just held in with at a guess aboit 20/25 plastic snap in clips once a few have been released it'll come off easy enough.

I do t see any need to remove the bumper at all. Once I get the time and the black grill I'll update !
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! πŸ˜ƒ

Might work for a well know charging company πŸ˜‰

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about πŸ˜‚
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Details of Front bumper assembly from the Skoda workshop manual.

The note states that the whole of front bumper must be removed to gain access to clipped in components.

The clips/tabs that hold everything together are very tight and only accessible from behind the bumper, and thats including the top cover by bonnet release.

But I'm sure theres a way some how. :)

Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

At the end of the day I won't be putting the chrome one back on so if I snap the clips I'm not bothered ! I'll make it work as sod taking the bumper off.

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about πŸ˜‚
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Did you manage to remove the front grille surround and fit the new one?
iV60 Suite | Energy Blue | Comfort Basic | Family Basic | Climate Plus | Convenience Basic | Drive Sport Basic | Assisted Drive Basic | Parking Plus | 100kW | Tow Bar | Heat Pump | 20” Proteus Wheels.
Ordered 21/7; Collected 21/1/22.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

PeteW wrote: ↑Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:19 pm Did you manage to remove the front grille surround and fit the new one?
Haven't had a chance mate it's on my to do list !

EVDan

Post by EVDan »

I’ve just had my chrome grill surround replaced with a black one. My local Skoda dealership did it for Β£189 all in, including part and labour. They said they had to drop the bumper forward but wasn’t a difficult job. Hope this helps?
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Well eventually got round to grabbing the grill. Turns out you get alot more than I was expecting for scrap stripped copper cable :mrgreen:

First few victims have fallen with the clips I'm just breaking as many as I can see in hopes of pulling the sorround off.

@RichR you got any more I depth documentation of how to removed various parts ? Mainly part 2 in the above image @tiger Tony posted. Got all 8 bolts out but unsure of what clips hold it in place.

Typical Scottish weather put a hold to the job though !

C2atb

Post by C2atb »

If it’s like the kodiaq then after all bolts removed the whole grill lifts up and out then you get access to the inner clips holding the trim …… hence why I wrapped
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

C2atb wrote: ↑Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:50 pm If it’s like the kodiaq then after all bolts removed the whole grill lifts up and out then you get access to the inner clips holding the trim …… hence why I wrapped
Not the same as it appears the inner grill clips into the pumper then the sprround clips to the inner grill.

Just trying to get the top cover off without breaking any clips.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post