Can the app-activated A/C time be adjusted? (30 mins is default)

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Morning all,

Does anyone know if the default time of 30 mins can be adjusted somewhere in the app? I have had a good look, but I might have missed something!

A 30 min runtime for the A/C or heater is a little too long and saps more range from the battery than I’d like. I’m not always connected up to a charger, so it is the battery being used rather than the mains, on many occasions.

Usually, around 10 mins of runtime does the job.

I know it’s possible to go back into the app and stop it at any time, but on busy mornings, I’d like to activate (for 10 mins rather than 30) and forget.

I don’t always leave at the same time, before someone helpfully recommends setting schedules ;-)

Thanks

C9BF5733-14C3-4E73-80CE-C95F7B65B387.png

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

RichR

Post by RichR »

I guess that as it’s trying to reach the target temperature you could set a lower one if you want it to stop before it gets there.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

RichR wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:19 am I guess that as it’s trying to reach the target temperature you could set a lower one if you want it to stop before it gets there.

Good point- I’ll try that next time although I ‘think’ it says something like “maintaining at ‘x’ C” once the target has been reached - and stays on for 30 mins anyway.

Hopefully the app developers look at this forum occasionally 🤞
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

Maintaining at temperature takes very little power given how well insulated modern EVs are. Even less with a heat pump. Watching some of Bjørn Nyland’s videos where he sleeps in the car, a lot only use 1kWh for a whole 10 hours of maintaining 21C overnight in Norway.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post