Infotainment screen failed

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Bobak

Post by Bobak »

Meant to have collected my vehicle this week, upon arrival at the dealer I found that the infotainment screen had just failed. No life except for the reversing camera.

Any thoughts?

I’ve been given a loan vehicle, but been told my new car needs to go through a process (timeline tbc). I wished I had played around with the vehicle a bit believe leaving but was a little shocked! I’ll get a dealer update on Monday and figure a checklist of have you tried x will help put my mind at ease!
Race Blue Sportline iV80 | Auto Tow-bar | PodPoint

DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

Yes I had this while driving and using sat nav. Luckily we had just got to where we were going when it went blank, same as yours the reverse camera worked. Pulled over tried a hold on the power button to reset, still nothing. Parked up, locked the car and walked away while on the phone to the dealer. Dealer asked me to go back to the car and tell them some information, when I unlocked the car it was working again. Had been away from the car for about 10 minutes, so maybe that had reset it, not had it again.
iV80 Suite : Assisted Drive Package + : Light and View Package Basic : Parking Package Basic : Convenience Package Plus : Climate Package Plus : 20” Vega Wheels : 125kW charging
darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

Bobak wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:24 pm Meant to have collected my vehicle this week, upon arrival at the dealer I found that the infotainment screen had just failed. No life except for the reversing camera.

Any thoughts?

I’ve been given a loan vehicle, but been told my new car needs to go through a process (timeline tbc). I wished I had played around with the vehicle a bit believe leaving but was a little shocked! I’ll get a dealer update on Monday and figure a checklist of have you tried x will help put my mind at ease!
Did you press the power on but on the bottom left just below the screen!
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o
Bobak

Post by Bobak »

Yep! Plus the mortified dealer had done so
Race Blue Sportline iV80 | Auto Tow-bar | PodPoint
DaveBurke

Post by DaveBurke »

I had this problem too while using maps over Apple CarPlay. I tried all the resetting stuff suggested and still nothing. I had to drive along the motorway at night with no speed indication!
That was yesterday and the problem is still there except I now have my speed indication and rear park camera back.
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

I have to long hold the on/off button and reset mine about once a week. For reasons varying from the volume control becoming unresponsive, to the whole infotainment system freezing. Bit crap, but resolves it every time. Maybe an eventually software update will resolve it permanently...
Enyaq 60 suite arctic silver
Westy

Post by Westy »

Only time the screen went blank for me was during an update. But this sounds like a reboot is needed and the dealer can sort that and check software is where it needs to be. its pretty unlikely to be a failed screen.

Certainly check all the functions on the screen when you collect it, the good news is that you don’t need to fret about panel gaps or bits of trim falling off as they seem to be very well screwed together and people seem to be enjoying their cars (bar the odd glitch) - for the new EV drivers its a learning curve on the Range and the oddities of the GOM (Guess O Meter) but that’s EV driving generally.

These things are frustrating for sure, certainly the area that VW Group are going to need to address thoroughly going forward - in better news the Skoda screen seems way better than the early ID cars have been.

Rumour has it of an early refresh to ID cars coming (mostly linked to perceived quality of interior and touchscreen issues) so maybe any OTA updates for Enyaqs wont be too far behind.
Enyaq 80 Loft
Quartz Grey
Climate Pack, Assisted Drive, 125Kw

Replacing a Passat GTE Estate

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post