Charging

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Pooltrev

Post by Pooltrev »

Hi, i have a skoda enyaq iv60. It is noticeable that each time I charge it to 100% over the last few weeks that the range is diminishing. This morning it is indicating 177miles @ 100%. I appreciate that the milage is based on calculated m/kwh on the car but had anybody any idea how accurate this calculation is and is the 177m actually higher?

Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

The car is so new, I doubt there's any diminish in battery net capacity. Worrying about reported range is just honestly nonsense. Instead of solely relying on the car approximate, I would always manually calculate my range with given conditions. As you know: speed, temp, rain etc affect how far you can go. If you have driven in the city for the past week and now decide to visit you relatives across the country, you will be thrown off from real range big time.

Car always reports battery percentage and current/average trip consumption. With this info you should always calculate available range on road, instead of relying on consumption history from previous days. Also, you will learn your average ranges on city and highway driving over time, so you won't need the car reports.

I know I didn't answer the question, but you also didn't provide the info required. In short: the car supposedly learns your driving habits and reports the range it thinks real. In no way can it predict if you will go on the autobahn driving 100mph the next day, where the range would be less than 100miles probably. The car will give optimistic reports, if you always drive slow and use the regenerative brakes as much as possible. Any deviation from optimum conditions will reduce the given estimate.
orrery

Post by orrery »

Most likely the reduction in ambient temperature coincides with your first few weeks driving.

Otherwise, the G-O-M (Guess-O-Meter) that estimates your range most probably uses your previous journeys to estimate your range based on your driving style.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post