Podpoint pricing/Gov grant update

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Deleted User 368

Post by Deleted User 368 »

May be useful to people - things are changing ref £350 grant end of March. Podpoint cannot guarantee fitting and you may be charge full price!!

If you are thinking of getting a charger best get in quick and/or shop around.

https://pod-point.com/ozev-update-2022

RichR

Post by RichR »

It was meant to stop in March 2021 but they extended it for another year, though capped at a lower level than it was. When I had my PodPoint installed 4 years ago, I got £500 off the total, but not you only get £350.

I think the idea was that once the EV market was mature enough, then car manufacturers would be able to offer discounted installation of domestic charge points rather than the government doing it. The grant was there to help increase adoption of EVs, and encourage the car manufacturers to start getting more models out - and that now appears to be happening.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Deleted User 368

Yes - totally agree; except that Skoda are not “helping” with any costs towards their recommended installer. Hopefully people get in quick to grab the £350.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I suspect they won't whilst the government grant still exists. May well change in March - though they might be pushing their own EVSE unit (the one shown on the Infotainment when you're charging, that most dealerships have) rather than PodPoint or other third party one.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Deleted User 368

Yes - interesting times and a fast changing landscape that’s difficult to keep up with. I phoned Podpoint this morning after paying 2 weeks ago; they advised probably early January. I have just come off the phone to the installers who will be fitting tomorrow afternoon!!. Fingers crossed etc. Then all I need is the car.
ians

Post by ians »

We recently had our Podpoint installed. Three weeks from order to installation.
Engineer who did the install (sub contractor to PodPoint) said they were struggling to get installs booked in as demand has increased massively recently and they were now installing approx 10,000 units per week nationwide. Seems an incredible volume to me but that was what he said.
UK: Sportline 80x, 21" Betria wheels, Race Blue Metallic, Heat Pump and most options. No sunroof or tow bar.
Ordered end July, entered production week 38.
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

The leccy who installed ours (under contract to EO/Octopus) told me he had done no other work at all during the last FOUR YEARS except the fitting of EV charge points. Every one slightly different in installation requirements, he said, but all essentially fancy sockets.

Fossilnot
Jonbest

Post by Jonbest »

My car is on order and I received an email from Pod Point yesterday to start the installation process.
I've got solar, so I'm looking for a charger that can utilise the excess solar such as a MyEnergi Zappi, which I don't think the Pod Point unit supports. Does anyone know what I need to arrange an install through an electrician, other than Pod Point, assuming I need the VIN, but if anyone could confirm?
iV 60 Loft ordered 10/10/21. White, 19”, 100kW, Comfort seat pack, Climate pack, Assisted drive pack, Parking pack, Heat pump
Build week 52
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

Your electrician needs to be qualified to install charge points & you need proof that you have ordered (or own) a qualifying car. Your order confirmation from the dealer will do. You don’t need the VIN.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

Have just had my installation scheduled for 10th Jan, earliest date for Lincoln area. Order had been on hold pending news of the car, but thought I’d better crack on if they are getting busy. If by chance the car arrives first, I’ll have to camp out in it at the local dealer to make use of their chargers 😀
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post