Which OBD11 Bluetooth device works with the Enyaq and EVNotify?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

If EV Notify is somewhat iffy on iOS, is there another app we know which will work with the Enyaq, iOS and the Veepeak OBD2 device?
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

Myfirstev

Post by Myfirstev »

Is everyone buying the basic one or the Blu+ version. Want to make sure I get right one as I won't have the car for a while yet but while not broke buying all the bits and pieces
Ordered a 60 on sep 13th. Most packs, free upgrade to 100kw charging and boot tray, race blue. Build week of 7th march 2022. Charger install 25th January. At UK port 1st June. Hopefully picking up by 16th june
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

I use the BLE+ version https://www.veepeak.com/product/obdcheck-ble-plus/

I use my Android phone with it and have no problems.

Bought from Amazon recently when it was £10 off !

Cant comment about an IOS phone though.
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

So is OBD2 the same thing as OBD11 - and basically I just made a mistake with the original title? ( i.e there’s no such thing as OBD2 ?!!)

I have seen these things referred to as ‘OBD2’ elsewhere…
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Goaty wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:19 am So is OBD2 the same thing as OBD11 - and basically I just made a mistake with the original title? ( i.e there’s no such thing as OBD2 ?!!)

I have seen these things referred to as ‘OBD2’ elsewhere…
OBD2 & OBD II are the same thing they just use roman numerals. Anything built after like 1997 uses OBD2 prior to that it was OBD1/OBDI
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ aha thanks. So ‘eleven’ is an incorrect reference then, as it should be ‘2’ or ‘II’ ? 🤔

Therefore “ obdeleven.com “ got it wrong ?
RichR

Post by RichR »

Technically the Enyaq is EOBD compliant not OBDII, as it’s a European car. OBD/OBDII are USA/Canada. Europe, Japan, Australia/NZ etc all have their own versions that use the same connector but often different signals on the other pins to the basic serial connection ones.
They are basically several different implementations of the same SAE communication standard and diagnostic protocols so as a result they are broadly compatible. Most things these days designed to work with one will work with others. Wasn’t always the case though.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Goaty wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:39 am /\ aha thanks. So ‘eleven’ is an incorrect reference then, as it should be ‘2’ or ‘II’ ? 🤔

Therefore “ obdeleven.com “ got it wrong ?
OBDEleven is a brand name of an app based diagnostic/coding company similar to Carista and other Bluetooth OBD dongles.

These allow you to do coding with the click of an app icon instead of the more technical Ross Tec VagCom way with a laptop and software.

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

[quote=BioHzrd post_id=6829 time=1641121141 user_id=377
OBDEleven is a brand name of an app based diagnostic/coding company similar to Carista and other Bluetooth OBD dongles.

These allow you to do coding with the click of an app icon instead of the more technical Ross Tec VagCom way with a laptop and software.
[/quote]

Is the NextGen OBDeleven device the one to go for or would you recommend the Pro?
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Perchede wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:08 pm [quote=BioHzrd post_id=6829 time=1641121141 user_id=377

Is the NextGen OBDeleven device the one to go for or would you recommend the Pro?
[/quote]

Not sure I was considering it but s few reviews have but me off it atm and my experience with Carista dongle and App put me off the dongle route, awaiting word of the trade I value of my old RossTec VCDS against the new one.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post