Charging

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Pooltrev

Post by Pooltrev »

Please accept my ignorance but I know my IV60 only has 50Kwh charging capacity but can I plug it into chargers with greater capacity, say a 125Kwh, without it causing any problems?

RichR

Post by RichR »

Yes, the car will only draw as much current as it needs. In fact even if you had 100kW or 125kW charging, you'll only get that when the battery is very low. The rate at which it can take power from the charger varies depending on how full the battery is, and other factors such as temperature.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Susans Dad

Post by Susans Dad »

Thanks for that answer RichR, as I also was wondering. Very grateful for your knowledge :D
Ordered 21 July 2021 - Enyaq iv 80 , Artic Silver, 21 Betria wheels, Light & view pack +, Infotainment pack +, Assisted drive pack +, Comfort seat pack +, Parking +, Climate pack +, Driving sport pack, Pan roof & now 125kW fast charge
RichR

Post by RichR »

Think of it like your household electricity sockets. They're capable of supplying 13A (3.2kW). It's perfectly fine for you to plug in a phone charger that draws only 5W, as that'll only draw what it needs. Similarly if you plug in a tumble dryer or a kettle, that can draw 3kW if it needs to.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post