OBDEleven

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Anyone have one of these or have experience with it ?

I own an old Ross Tech VagCom dongle but isn't compatible with the enyaq OBDEleven seems a decent alternative.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂

Miket

Post by Miket »

You will need the Ross tech v2
https://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCV23.html
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

OBDeleven works just fine. Its perfect for basic workshop use, adjustments and modding. https://obdeleven.com/en/products-page

First generation unit is fine for Android devices, and the 'Next generation' unit for Android and IOS devices. Both highly recommended by most members on here.

But for serious programmers and professional workshop use I would go with the Ross Tech VCDS system from Gendan as 'Miket' suggests.
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Miket wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:17 pm You will need the Ross tech v2
https://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCV23.html
Yeah I'm aware this is what I need, also needed it for the Karoq. Just found that RossTec do a trade in state side so I'm waiting to see if Gendan do the same in the UK to being the price down to something more reasonable.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Miket

Post by Miket »

Put your old rosstech on eBay I got a very good price for mine, far more than the trail in
tomm636

Post by tomm636 »

Anyone know if its possible to make the car default Lane Assist to OFF. Hopefully still letting you switch it on using the main screen but not having to deactivate it every journey. If so can anyone recommend a reasonably priced OBD device that would let me do this?
Enyaq iV 80 Suite, Quartz Grey, 125 kW DC charging, 20" Vega wheels, Assisted drive pack, Heat pump, Climate pack, Convenience pack, Drive sport pack, Electric Towbar, Family pack plus, Infotainment pack plus, Built Sep 2021
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

tomm636 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:36 am Anyone know if its possible to make the car default Lane Assist to OFF. Hopefully still letting you switch it on using the main screen but not having to deactivate it every journey. If so can anyone recommend a reasonably priced OBD device that would let me do this?
OBDeleven has a one-click application that allows you to set operation to one of three values:
ON
OFF
Use last setting.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

As mentioned before - lane assist is a mandatory safety system, and so by law it must be enabled when the car is started (in the same way ABS, traction control etc are). You can turn some of these systems off once the car is started, but they must be on by default because you cannot guarantee you will be the only person driving the car (could be a mechanic or recovery driver etc). If they were to have an accident due to a mandatory safety system being deliberately disabled, you could be liable and your insurance company won't cover it.

So you can disable it permanently with tools such as OBD Eleven - but just bear in mind the risk.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/ \ and I know that insurance companies are starting to become aware of unofficial tweaks, which enable them to wriggle out of liability. I sit on various meetings with a range of insurance companies and have heard this discussed. Not specifically just vehicles- people tweak all sorts of industrial safety systems too so it’s in the insurance community’s interest to keep on top of trends.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
tomm636

Post by tomm636 »

Perchede wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:03 am
tomm636 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:36 am Anyone know if its possible to make the car default Lane Assist to OFF. Hopefully still letting you switch it on using the main screen but not having to deactivate it every journey. If so can anyone recommend a reasonably priced OBD device that would let me do this?
OBDeleven has a one-click application that allows you to set operation to one of three values:
ON
OFF
Use last setting.
Thanks, that sounds perfect, I think Last setting would be better for us. I wouldn't mind if the steering wheel button turned it off, but it only seems to turn it on if its already been turned off on the main screen.
Enyaq iV 80 Suite, Quartz Grey, 125 kW DC charging, 20" Vega wheels, Assisted drive pack, Heat pump, Climate pack, Convenience pack, Drive sport pack, Electric Towbar, Family pack plus, Infotainment pack plus, Built Sep 2021