Auto dimming door mirror - goes too dark ?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
RichR

Post by RichR »

I guess if you really wanted, you could take off the door card and find the wiring that goes to the mirror, and fit a small switch in one of the wires that supplies the dimming film. It's the green and black striped wire and the grey and black striped wire between the driver's door control unit and the mirror itself.

Personally I haven't had any issues - but I guess I spend more time driving on rural roads and motorways and very little in urban situations.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Is the amount of dimming variable depending on how much light is pick up by the rear view mirror sensor? If so it maybe the OP's issue can be corrected/re-calibrated by the dealer. Some kind of voltage adjustment to reduce the dimming effect.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

ChangoMutney wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:27 pm Is the amount of dimming variable depending on how much light is pick up by the rear view mirror sensor? If so it maybe the OP's issue can be corrected/re-calibrated by the dealer. Some kind of voltage adjustment to reduce the dimming effect.

Yes it’s variable - the little solution I rigged up using a camera cover, doesn’t completely prevent the dimming - because it’s quite thin white plastic, so some light still gets though to the sensor. I’ll see how it goes, otherwise I’ll use a black camera cover instead, which should be better at stopping light hitting the sensor.

I don’t mind the rear view mirror getting darker - it’s just the door mirror I don’t like. As others have suggested, I can probably have the cable unplugged from the dimming panel (hopefully without affecting the de-icing function)
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post