Front Assist Fault ?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Anyone else had a Front Assist Limited fault ? Came on after about a mile of driving parked up at shop while partner ran in trued switching off and on with no luck but before we pulled away the fault had cleared?
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

Iโ€™m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Might work for a well know charging company ๐Ÿ˜‰

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about ๐Ÿ˜‚

RichR

Post by RichR »

Often dirty, icy or wet windscreen in front of the camera area or a dirty or wet front grille (where the radar is).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

And bird ๐Ÿ’ฉ on the camera above the rear view mirror. Had this the first week I got the Enyaq.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21โ€ Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Rudesing

Post by Rudesing »

I have had it pop up a couple of times, both when I have been driving directly into really bright, and low, sunlight. I assumed it was that the cameras could not work due to the brightness and lack of contrast.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Front end is clean to be honest and it was pitch black out only light source was LED street lighting and traffic lights.

Will keep an eye in it see if it happens again.

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about ๐Ÿ˜‚
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Not had this occur on the Enyaq yet but used to occur on my Tiguan, which has a similar VAG system. This usually happened in the winter months and nearly always cleared itself after a few miles - I stopped worrying about after it had happened a few times. Could also be due to condensation, heading northwards from the South Coast in winter there can be quite a noticeable drop in temperature approaching the Midlands, when the front assist was temporarily disabled.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20โ€ Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
Delbert_Wilkins

Post by Delbert_Wilkins »

This has happened a couple of times to me. It doesnโ€™t concern me especially, not least because I find front assist a pain in the proverbial. Should I be more concerned? Itโ€™s always righted itself the next time I start the car up.
iV80 Suite | Quartz Grey | Comfort Basic | Family Plus | Assisted Drive Basic | 125kW | Rear Side Airbags | Heat Pump | 20โ€ Vega Wheels.
Ordered 31/8; Build week 44; Collected 28/12/21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I've only had it once - when it was raining heavily. The area around the camera and sensors behind the rear view mirror has its own heater, so in theory ice and condensation shouldn't be an issue once the car has been running long enough for it to warm the glass.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

I've had this a few times and went into the dealer last November to be looked at. Needed a new steering wheel which was ordered and will be fitted in February. Will take two days to fit as they need to deactivate the car before changing.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

I haven't had it since posting this and car was in for two days under an airbag fault and nothing was mentioned about any other existing fault codes.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post