Car going to garage after 2 weeks use

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
PhilMK

Post by PhilMK »

I have an update regarding car.
Here goes....
Dealer has contacted today to let me know that my car wont be picked up by Skoda from dealership until....31st January
Service dept were told by Skoda they had a 3 months waiting list for car to be fixed!!!
dealership said this wasn't acceptable.
It needs new batteries.
So I'm going back to dealership to reject the car as this totally unacceptable.
I'm gutted
What would you do in my position?

MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

Given the current state of the market, if I was happy with the courtesy car arrangement, I think I would wait.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
andanother11

Post by andanother11 »

It's a horrible decision and I don't envy it in the slightest.

I think I would probably reject the car, especially if you're not losing anything financially (just emotionally).

I would then focus on the positives and excitement of choosing a new car :)
Enyaq iV 60, Quartz Grey, 100kW charging, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Basic, Climate Basic, Parking Basic, Chrome, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, 20" Vega. Ordered 07/21, delivered 12/21.
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Yep, I'd reject the car. Too early in the ownership experience to be suffering this much and with so much money at stake. Perhaps suggest they could give you first refusal on the car after the battery has been swapped out so you can fully inspect and test it afterwards, but I wouldn't want to be committed to that vehicle before I was sure EVERYTHING had been sorted.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
Deleted User 368

Post by Deleted User 368 »

Totally agree with above comments I would never be happy driving it again and personally I would reject it and start again. We rejected a one owner 12 plate Skoda Citigo 3 years ago, bought for my daughters 18th; that kept throwing up the ABS warning light!!
The dealer (non Skoda) had several goes at fixing it over a 3 week period and every time it just reoccurred after a few miles. Horrible to have to reject, but we did and the replacement Seat Mii we found has been faultless over the last 3 years. A personal choice in the end, but peace of mind is a good thing. Good luck whatever you choose to do.
PhilMK

Post by PhilMK »

Thanks for all the comments.
So I informed the dealership that we will be rejecting the car.
They contacted Skoda and they have agreed to take the car back.
So I'm going into dealership tomorrow with the other set of keys and service book and V5C in exchange for my money back.
Im gutted after waiting so long for the car I specced out to my taste that it has ended this way.
Good luck to everyone with their cars and thanks for being part of this forum.
It was very well put together by admin
Cheers
Phil
Focusy

Post by Focusy »

What spec was the car?
PhilMK

Post by PhilMK »

IV60
Heat pump 100kw charger Artic Silver
Climate plus,Pan roof.
Plus other packs that i can't remember
Deleted User 474

Post by Deleted User 474 »

PhilMK wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:58 pm Thanks for all the comments.
So I informed the dealership that we will be rejecting the car.
They contacted Skoda and they have agreed to take the car back.
So I'm going into dealership tomorrow with the other set of keys and service book and V5C in exchange for my money back.
Im gutted after waiting so long for the car I specced out to my taste that it has ended this way.
Good luck to everyone with their cars and thanks for being part of this forum.
It was very well put together by admin
Cheers
Phil
Really sorry to hear this, the dealership sounds like they did the right thing but Skoda response is a shambles.

They should have prioritised a replacement for you or sourced one from another dealer, there are plenty of similar spec ones on Autotrader they could have secured .

You did the right thing, imagine it more would have gone wrong outside the return window. We've got a Kodiaq and superb 280 estate, both have been flawless but having seen all the glitches with the app and people's problems is becoming quite concerning, especially with a list price on ours of 56k.

Really hope you source another car elsewhere
PhilMK

Post by PhilMK »

Thanks for that
I agree dealership was very good.
My brother has the Superb estate 4x4 2.0 TDI.
It's a fantastic car and that's why I was so keen to get the Enyaq.
Unfortunately Skoda never even got in touch to try and replace the car.
So tomorrow I start the search for another EV and you never know I might buy an Enyaq in the future but I sincerely wish you and everyone on this forum the very best with your Enyaqs.
I was just unlucky!!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post