Airbag : Error - SOLVED

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

So sitting parked up fir a bit after a 50mile drive start the car to have a lovely Amber warning pop up stating Airbag : Error have tried switching off and on again nothing drove home with it and now to a charger atill stocking round.

No info on the main screen about the fault. Anyone had similar? I'm going to assume it's a dealership trip pretty annoying after only 415 miles !!
Last edited by BioHzrd on Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! πŸ˜ƒ

Might work for a well know charging company πŸ˜‰

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about πŸ˜‚

Stripy

Post by Stripy »

Yes, been there done that - there's been a good handful in here, who's had same experience, including myself
It was a dealer job, they ran diagnostics and didn't find anything, but sent logs off to HQ.
I think one of the other forumists have had some new sparepart of some sort.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Stripy wrote: ↑Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:32 pm Yes, been there done that - there's been a good handful in here, who's had same experience, including myself
It was a dealer job, they ran diagnostics and didn't find anything, but sent logs off to HQ.
I think one of the other forumists have had some new sparepart of some sort.
So was it just reset and on your way ? Or is the light still showing ?

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about πŸ˜‚
Stripy

Post by Stripy »

BioHzrd wrote: ↑Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:33 pm
So was it just reset and on your way ? Or is the light still showing ?
The dealer had it for the day, didn't start working on it until around 1500, then by 1630 I was texted it was ready for collection - so basically, computer on, fault finding a bit, a call to Tech dep. at HQ, then reset from what I understand.

So in theory, I could've been in and out in no time - but apparently my Enyaq was the first through the workshop for a faultfinding, so they weren't fully up to speed.
But nothing since, and that's about 800 miles ago now
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Still a pain in the arse as my partner uses it for work so getting it fitted in around that is a nightmare !

Will call tomorrow see what they say.

frankfurterbear1

Post by frankfurterbear1 »

BioHzrd wrote: ↑Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:26 pm So sitting parked up fir a bit after a 50mile drive start the car to have a lovely Amber warning pop up stating Airbag : Error have tried switching off and on again nothing drove home with it and now to a charger atill stocking round.

No info on the main screen about the fault. Anyone had similar? I'm going to assume it's a dealership trip pretty annoying after only 415 miles !!
Got exactly the same thing happened, parked up at midnight on Hogmanay to watch the fireworks, car was idle for about 8 minutes with us sitting in it then when I had to press start stop to restart the lights and heating in the car the error popped on.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

frankfurterbear1 wrote: ↑Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:13 am
BioHzrd wrote: ↑Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:26 pm So sitting parked up fir a bit after a 50mile drive start the car to have a lovely Amber warning pop up stating Airbag : Error have tried switching off and on again nothing drove home with it and now to a charger atill stocking round.

Got exactly the same thing happened, parked up at midnight on Hogmanay to watch the fireworks, car was idle for about 8 minutes with us sitting in it then when I had to press start stop to restart the lights and heating in the car the error popped on.
Have you had you had this sorted ? I'm booked in next Thursday to have the car Plugged in annoyed I'm having to wait a week to have a safety system of the car inspected for a fault its ridiculous!

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Just had a call from the dealership cats ready to collect but has to go back in on the 26th to have the Airbag control module replaced and to quote "its a rather big job" so will be in for a couple days.

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Anyone with access to the Skoda rechnical book know where the Airbag module is located ?

tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

BioHzrd wrote: ↑Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:19 pm Anyone with access to the Skoda rechnical book know where the Airbag module is located ?
The airbag control module is on the floor at the front of the centre console under the dash area.

I wouldn't fancy trying to change it, I reckon you'll have to take out the whole centre console or be very double jointed to get at it !!

Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post