Airbag : Error - SOLVED

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
frankfurterbear1

Post by frankfurterbear1 »

My brother in law was told to phone vw audi skoda breakdown number when he had this error. He came and reset the error and been off for two weeks since.

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

frankfurterbear1 wrote: ↑Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:21 pm My brother in law was told to phone vw audi skoda breakdown number when he had this error. He came and reset the error and been off for two weeks since.
I'd assume the dealers tried the rest and it hasn't worked or through diagnostic they know the module is fucked and resetting would leave it in a disabled state :?:

I know one customer had the same issue and a software update was the fix so it must be luck of the draw.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! πŸ˜ƒ

Might work for a well know charging company πŸ˜‰

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about πŸ˜‚
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Cars been in since last night, called for an update and been told Tech has logged a ticked with technical......they really have no idea what they are doing with the Enyaq do they ?!

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about πŸ˜‚
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

So after just under 36 Hours the car has been returned.

Airbag fault for my car appears to have been cause by an interior light (no idea what one) and this has been replaced and fault is now gone.

RichR

Post by RichR »

Weird! I’m going to have to look at the wiring diagrams to see how that could affect it. Of course the airbag warning light shows for a fault anywhere in the supplemental restraint systems, so it could be a seatbelt, airbag, seat connection or sensor.

Great that it’s sorted now though.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

RichR wrote: ↑Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:19 pm Weird! I’m going to have to look at the wiring diagrams to see how that could affect it. Of course the airbag warning light shows for a fault anywhere in the supplemental restraint systems, so it could be a seatbelt, airbag, seat connection or sensor.

Great that it’s sorted now though.
Let me know what you find, my only though is it could have been the one in the transmission tunnel area just due to its proximity to the airbag module.

majland

Post by majland »

Airbag fault for my car appears to have been cause by an interior light
Well that is interested - Mine is in to Skoda tomorrow because of the airbag error lights turned on 1/3 (could have gotten an appointment last week but was too inconvenient for us)

But first after the error i've found that interior lighting in the front and the sunroof does not work.

One would have to be an Skoda engineer to find that they are connected ...
Anders Majland, Denmark
2016 Skoda Citigo Style 1.0 60 ASG 5d
2019 Skoda Kodiaq Style 1.5 TSI DSG
2020 Yamaha TΓ©nΓ©rΓ© 700
2021 Skoda Enyaq iV 80
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

majland wrote: ↑Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:26 pm
Airbag fault for my car appears to have been cause by an interior light
Well that is interested - Mine is in to Skoda tomorrow because of the airbag error lights turned on 1/3 (could have gotten an appointment last week but was too inconvenient for us)

But first after the error i've found that interior lighting in the front and the sunroof does not work.

One would have to be an Skoda engineer to find that they are connected ...

In all honesty I never noticed any of the interior lights not working in the month we lived with the fault so if that was the issue I will never know.

Its gone and we've hit 2000 miles and it's not returned ao can't complain.

ogis

Post by ogis »

RichR wrote: ↑Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:19 pm Weird! I’m going to have to look at the wiring diagrams to see how that could affect it. Of course the airbag warning light shows for a fault anywhere in the supplemental restraint systems, so it could be a seatbelt, airbag, seat connection or sensor.

Great tha it’s sorted now though.
Hello
Tell me please where to get electric wiring diagrams for enyac ? Or dealer repair manuals. Just bought crashed enyac. Every info is very useful.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post