Key not detected

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Realnames

Post by Realnames »

Recently got a fault showing up saying “key not detected. Hold next to intended surface”. Basically I can get into the car no problem, but I cannot start it. It’s not the key fobs battery as same problem on two key sets and the car is only 8 weeks old anyway. Tried everything but about to call out skoda but fearful it’s an electrical issue and car will be taken away.
Any suggestions? Anyone else seen this?

IanJ

Post by IanJ »

Looking at the manual, it suggests placing the key in the cup holder between the front seats if you get this warning.
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

There is normally an area on the steering column where you place the key against to connect it with the car when this error comes up.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

A word of warning for those with keyless entry - change key batteries annually - have been locked out of my previous VAG keyless Tiguan twice because the key battery was too low. Does not give any warning and unless you are aware of being able to remove the key cover on the door handle you are locked out - always in a relatively remote location. If the Enyaq has a similar VAG system it well worth changing key batteries regularly.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
Realnames

Post by Realnames »

Thanks all, but not much joy. Had the AA out as well and they were stumped, (although I had to point out it was an ev) Back to the garage I guess
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Dorsetandy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:45 pm A word of warning for those with keyless entry - change key batteries annually - have been locked out of my previous VAG keyless Tiguan twice because the key battery was too low. Does not give any warning and unless you are aware of being able to remove the key cover on the door handle you are locked out - always in a relatively remote location. If the Enyaq has a similar VAG system it well worth changing key batteries regularly.
I'd agree with this. With my last new VW, after approx 15months both remote key batteries died within a couple days of each other.
Just got one warning on the vehicles dash display and that was it, next day dead ! I grabbed the spare remote key and used that for couple of days until that died too.
Luckily had a spare battery to hand to get me going.
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
Realnames

Post by Realnames »

An update on this.
Skoda roadside (the AA) said it needed to be towed to the dealership to be Fixed (probably a software issue). I called the dealership and they said they could not take it (Skoda croydon) as they did not have the ability to fix an ev, but the roadside assitance would know where to take it. Roadside said they had no clue. So am in the ridiculous position of having a brand new enyaq under warranty that won’t start and no one knowing where it needs to be towed to get fixed.
I’m going to have it towed and dumped at the dealer this afternoon for them to sort it out, but just unbelievably poor after sales. I appreciate cars can go wrong, but when they do you at least expect some form of assistence
Noor

Post by Noor »

I got 22 plates skoda enyaq iv60 only 700 hundred miles only, it was starting fine but no it's not starting showing the key is not detected connected with the interface, suggestion please, or shall I take it to the dealer, please?
orrery

Post by orrery »

Batteries in the keys?
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.