Error - Drive System

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
mr87

Post by mr87 »

Hello everyone,

I've been following this forum for a while but never needed to actually post anything. Now (unfortunately) it's time to use my first post to report an issue that has affected a few people here and to share my experience so far.

I've had the car since the 1st of December 2021 without any issues. We hit the 1000 mile mark a few days ago. Coincidentally (or not), since roughly the same day I started to get several errors when I start the car after it was stopped for a few hours, for example, every day in the morning.
The errors are:
"Error: Stability Control (ESC)"
"Error: Auto Hold"
"Lane Assist is currently unavailable"
"Front Assist is unavailable"
"Error: drive system. Please visit the workshop."
"Fault: damper"

A few "funny" facts:
- When the lights are on, the car still drives. The only thing that I noticed was that the regen doesn't work. But there's no apparent loss of power.
- If I turn off/on the ignition a few times, the errors eventually disappear completely and the car works as expected.
- Like I wrote above, this only happens when the car is stopped for a long period of time.

I've recorded the all thing to show the dealer, because when get there I probably won't get the errors.

Today I contacted my nearest Skoda dealership and booked a check-up for the 7th of March, which was the soonest available slot. They also said that if I want a loan car, I'll have to
pay £12/day, which I think is ridiculous but anyway..
They also advised me to contact Skoda Assist and report the issue. Skoda Assist told me that if the errors are going away after a while and if there's no loss of power, then it should be safe to drive until the appointment with the dealer.

Anyway, here's my experience so far regarding this issue. Thanks

Overall I'm happy with the car, and all these issues are probably bugs in the software, but for me, the worst part is that we start to loose confidence in the car, which you shouldn't with a brand new car, especially with this price tag.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Race Blue, 125kW charging, Heat Pump, Drive Sport Package Plus, Family Package Basic

RichR

Post by RichR »

First thing I'd try is to measure the 12v battery voltage after it has been sitting for a while. If it's below 12.2V then I'd give it a charge up and see if that resolves the issue.

With you saying that it is more common after the car has been sitting for a bit it makes me think that it's a low 12V battery issue - remember all the electronics run off this. Once the car is in 'ready' mode, the 12V battery should be charged from the main battery. But if it's been run very low it may not hold a charge for long. There were some incidents reported on the ID.3/4 forums that sound similar - and these were traced to either a software bug (which doesn't seem to be present in the Enyaq), or a faulty or deeply discharged battery.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post