Travel Assist is currently unavailable

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
chillyboy123

Post by chillyboy123 »

chillyboy123 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:40 pm My Enyaq’s been in the garage today.

Travel assist issue is related to faulty touch sensor module in the steering wheel. Known issue !

New steering wheel on order to replace the original one.

The blue / yellow flashing issue on the instrument screen’s been reported to Skoda for investigation.
Up date on my issue.

The dealer replaced my steering wheel about 5 weeks ago.

Not had a single error message since and Travel Assist’s worked perfectly.

If your getting the same issue get it booked in, the faulty sensor in the steering wheel is an know fault.

Re my yellow/blue flashing on the instrument screen issue. Skoda advised the garage to apply a minor update to the software and check all the connections. This didn’t work, still getting this issue 😫.
Enyaq iV60 - Race Blue with 20” Vega Wheels,
Assisted Drive Package +, Convenience Package +,
Parking Package Basic, Drive Package Basic,
Climate Package Basic, 120 kW charging,
Light and View Package Basic,

Upgraded to ME 3.0

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

chillyboy123 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 3:42 pm
chillyboy123 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:40 pm My Enyaq’s been in the garage today.

Travel assist issue is related to faulty touch sensor module in the steering wheel. Known issue !

New steering wheel on order to replace the original one.

The blue / yellow flashing issue on the instrument screen’s been reported to Skoda for investigation.
Up date on my issue.

The dealer replaced my steering wheel about 5 weeks ago.

Not had a single error message since and Travel Assist’s worked perfectly.

If your getting the same issue get it booked in, the faulty sensor in the steering wheel is an know fault.

Re my yellow/blue flashing on the instrument screen issue. Skoda advised the garage to apply a minor update to the software and check all the connections. This didn’t work, still getting this issue 😫.
I had the same flashing. They have to change the entire screen. It stopped after that before selling the Enyaq for Model Y. Best decision I ever made.
white67

Post by white67 »

I was having the same problem as recounted by others. And now it's gone.
Maybe coincidence but I doubt it - I habitually set the drive mode to "Sport" and lane assist to "off" every time I get in. Today I forgot to set the lane assist and hey presto - no issues with travel assist!

Hopefully that continues as the alert noise was really doing my head in and I hate going to dealers.
Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Race Blue Metallic, 21" Betria Alloys, Tow Bar Prep, Comfort Seat Basic - with Heated Seats added, Convenience Pack Plus,
Drive Pack Basic, Light & View Pack Basic, Parking Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus
RichR

Post by RichR »

Looks like mine's developed the 'Travel Assist Is Currently Unavailable' issue. Seems to bring up the message frequently when driving at low speeds (possibly more steering wheel movement?), yet on the open road it works fine. I'll get it booked in and mention that others have had the steering wheel replaced for the same symptoms.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
RichR

Post by RichR »

And two days later it’s no longer popping up the message and everything is back to normal. Travel Assist worked all the time though, never disengaged even when it was doing the message.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Sfoley1

Post by Sfoley1 »

I got a used enyaq from a dealer in April this year. Within abiut 2 weeks I started getting this problem which got progressively worse to the point the car was unsuable due to the constant pinging error alert noise. Steering wheel was replaced 3 months ago.

And guess what? Yep, its back again. Started a week ago. Ive just driven to a B&Q which is a 15 minute trip, that alert has gone off 48 times. Half term coning up and due to go on a 6 hour round trip, I am literally forced in to having to hire a car!!

Car is booked in on the 31st October for its software update and I'm told by the dealer that this update will resolve the issue. Im very sceptical that it will and its going to need another steering wheel.

I have read a review where an enyaq owner has had 3 steering wheels. If this happens a third time with me then skoda will be losing a customer.

Its a real shame, fantastic car but this fault is infuriating.
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Sfoley1 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:12 pm I got a used enyaq from a dealer in April this year. Within abiut 2 weeks I started getting this problem which got progressively worse to the point the car was unsuable due to the constant pinging error alert noise. Steering wheel was replaced 3 months ago.

And guess what? Yep, its back again. Started a week ago. Ive just driven to a B&Q which is a 15 minute trip, that alert has gone off 48 times. Half term coning up and due to go on a 6 hour round trip, I am literally forced in to having to hire a car!!

Car is booked in on the 31st October for its software update and I'm told by the dealer that this update will resolve the issue. Im very sceptical that it will and its going to need another steering wheel.

I have read a review where an enyaq owner has had 3 steering wheels. If this happens a third time with me then skoda will be losing a customer.

Its a real shame, fantastic car but this fault is infuriating.
I've had this with 3.1 twice, but on both occasions it was on a cold morning with misted windows and passed in a few minutes after drining about a mile. I didn't get continuous warnings, so I think mine is working the way it should. I'm not sure where all the sensors are for front assist, but I think the camera is mounted up high on the windscreen. Because its sort off enclosed in a casing, it takes longer to clear than the windscreen.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
RichR

Post by RichR »

I seem to recall that the camera actually has its own heater in that enclosure, so it should in theory clear any ice or moisture.
chillyboy123

Post by chillyboy123 »

chillyboy123 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 3:42 pm Re my yellow/blue flashing on the instrument screen issue. Skoda advised the garage to apply a minor update to the software and check all the connections. This didn’t work, still getting this issue 😫.
So I continued to have this issue on most days.

The car went into the garage for the upgrade to ME 3.0 a couple of weeks ago. I mentioned it to them again.

They said that the upgrade should fix it.

Well it looks like it did. Not seen the screen change colour at all since the update.

Result 🙄
Enyaq iV60 - Race Blue with 20” Vega Wheels,
Assisted Drive Package +, Convenience Package +,
Parking Package Basic, Drive Package Basic,
Climate Package Basic, 120 kW charging,
Light and View Package Basic,

Upgraded to ME 3.0
RichR

Post by RichR »

After clearing up on its own, I had a spate of 'Travel Assist is currently unavailable' warnings at the weekend. It still worked occasionally (evidenced by the roadside lines appearing on the icon) - and when it was working I found that it wasn't able to detect my hand on the top right of the steering wheel. So I suspect the issue is that the sensors in the steering wheel occasionally have a problem and it disables the system because it can't reliably tell if there's a hand there or not, so it would be unsafe to allow the driver to take their hands off. If they're capacitive (they probably are) then that would be reasonable. And yes, the most obvious solution would be to replace the sensors by fitting a new steering wheel.

It's back to working again now, but I'll get it booked in after Christmas I think, as the problem seems to come and go on mine.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post