Travel Assist is currently unavailable

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
chillyboy123

Post by chillyboy123 »

Since the winter months came, I have been getting the odd alert for the following issues :-

Travel Assist is currently unavailable
Front Assist is currently unavailable

Screenshot 2022-02-08 at 09.40.15.png

I know a few others have mentioned it. It was the odd one or two alerts when the car was cold, wet or dirty. I just ignored them and after 5 or 10 mins they stopped coming out.

For the last week or two they seem to have got far worse. I am getting the alert sound and the message "Travel Assist is currently unavailable" constantly coming out. Comes and goes every few seconds.

I noticed yesterday it was taking me out of Travel Assist mode after I had activated it. This was the first time I was unable to use the function when I actually wanted it on. Before it was just annoying, now its stopping me using the function.

I also have the issue with the screen for the digital instrument cluster. It flashes completely blue & transparent yellow several times a week.

I have got it booked it now for the garage to take a look in a couple of weeks.

Lets see what they say.
Enyaq iV60 - Race Blue with 20” Vega Wheels,
Assisted Drive Package +, Convenience Package +,
Parking Package Basic, Drive Package Basic,
Climate Package Basic, 120 kW charging,
Light and View Package Basic,

Upgraded to ME 3.0

gap998

Post by gap998 »

Check the cameras & sensors are all clean.
Enyaq iV60 Loft 100kW Charging, Arc. Silver, Regulus 19", Heat Pump, Ass'd Drive Pack, Parking+, Drive Sport, Conv.+, Transport Pack

Order 2-11-21 - Built 22-08-22 - Collected 28-09-22 - Drive Fault 4-10-22 - Back to Dealer 18-10-22 - Fixed 17-11-22
Tafsern

Post by Tafsern »

Sounds like you're going to get your steering wheel replaced. It's a known fault.
Skoda Enyaq iV80 Sportline - Quartz Grey
Anhunedd

Post by Anhunedd »

Interesting. Also have the same issue intermittently - very annoying when the beeps come every few seconds. Have also noticed the blue / yellow flashes - put them down to a software glitch, so are they related to this "known problem"? Is there a "definitive" source this is linked to the steering wheel then?
chillyboy123

Post by chillyboy123 »

Not sure too be honest, but I can’t wait for car to go into be checked.

The last few days it’s been getting worse.

It’s either totally unavailable or constantly bleeping.

Upgraded to ME 3.0
Tafsern

Post by Tafsern »

Anhunedd wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:40 pm Interesting. Also have the same issue intermittently - very annoying when the beeps come every few seconds. Have also noticed the blue / yellow flashes - put them down to a software glitch, so are they related to this "known problem"? Is there a "definitive" source this is linked to the steering wheel then?
The only source I've got is my dealer that told me it's a known fault. And all the others that have had their steering wheel exchanged in our Norwegian group with 9000+ members. :)
Skoda Enyaq iV80 Sportline - Quartz Grey
chillyboy123

Post by chillyboy123 »

My Enyaq’s been in the garage today.

Travel assist issue is related to faulty touch sensor module in the steering wheel. Known issue !

New steering wheel on order to replace the original one.

The blue / yellow flashing issue on the instrument screen’s been reported to Skoda for investigation.

Upgraded to ME 3.0
RichR

Post by RichR »

I had the ‘travel assist not available’ warning this morning - immediately after I’d had the wheel heater on. But ACC still worked fine so I drove 70 miles or so until I’d planned to stop and charge. After being locked up whilst I went for a cup of tea it had cleared and everything was normal for the remainder of my 8 hour trip.

So I’ll keep an eye on mine - possibly just a one off caused by Cornish lanes in the rain.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Rdgcuk

Post by Rdgcuk »

chillyboy123 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:40 pm My Enyaq’s been in the garage today.

Travel assist issue is related to faulty touch sensor module in the steering wheel. Known issue !

The blue / yellow flashing issue on the instrument screen’s been reported to Skoda for investigation.
I have the same issue! Mine went in early Feb, and still told no ETA on the steering wheel so wandered if you had any such luck ?
iV80 Suite - Bigger Wheels, 125Kw Charging, Comfort Basic, Drive Assist +, Convenience Plus, Grey
chillyboy123

Post by chillyboy123 »

Rdgcuk wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:34 pm
chillyboy123 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:40 pm My Enyaq’s been in the garage today.

I have the same issue! Mine went in early Feb, and still told no ETA on the steering wheel so wandered if you had any such luck ?
No not yet, I bet it will take some time 😤

Upgraded to ME 3.0

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post