"ACC is deactivated"

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Delbert_Wilkins

Post by Delbert_Wilkins »

I've hesitated posting about this, as I'm 85% certain I'm not doing something right - but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. I noticed the other day that instead of the usual ACC display on the left of the dash, there was just an "ACC off" symbol. I thought it was odd as I hadn't switched ACC off or done anything differently (that I know of), but didn't think to test it at the time. I did test it today however, and whenever I try to turn ACC on I get a message at the top of the dash that reads "ACC is deactivated". I've played with the stalk (fnaar), moving it into different positions etc. I've looked in settings. I've also had a look in the manual. There's nothing that suggests that this is normal, or that there's a way to switch it back on. Is there something I'm missing, or is it an actual fault? All ideas welcome!
iV80 Suite | Quartz Grey | Comfort Basic | Family Plus | Assisted Drive Basic | 125kW | Rear Side Airbags | Heat Pump | 20” Vega Wheels.
Ordered 31/8; Build week 44; Collected 28/12/21.

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Check the notifications screen and also make sure the front camera is clean.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

ACC will also deactivate if you’re stopped for a few seconds, but pressing the accelerator will re-enable it.

I just leave the stalk in the ‘on’ position and only really ever tap it up or down when enabling Travel Assist and it doesn’t know the speed limit (ie it just picks the current speed).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

This one needs to be pulled towards you 👍

C6E60D3F-C4DC-4F2C-8417-544CE4BE6505.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Delbert_Wilkins

Thanks guys. I do know how the ACC works - I've used it loads of times. The point is that it says it's deactivated whatever the position of the stalk. When you pull it towards you to switch it on, it gives that message. I've tried pushing it to the off position and then back on, pulling it and holding it, pressing every button on the stalk under the sun - and nothing. Incidentally, whenever I press the 'assist systems' button on the steering wheel I get a message to 'turn on the main switch' or something - which I think is basically saying "activate the ACC".

Perchede - cheers for that. The camera looked fine to me, but I gave it a full clean and no change alas. There's also nothing but the perennial 'internet radio not available' notification.

Think I'll try again in the morning and if it's not corrected itself I'll give the dealer a yell.
iV80 Suite | Quartz Grey | Comfort Basic | Family Plus | Assisted Drive Basic | 125kW | Rear Side Airbags | Heat Pump | 20” Vega Wheels.
orrery

Post by orrery »

Goaty wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:01 pm This one needs to be pulled towards you 👍

... or push the button on the end to 'set'.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
Delbert_Wilkins

orrery wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:44 am
Goaty wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:01 pm This one needs to be pulled towards you 👍

... or push the button on the end to 'set'.
Yup, tried that too. Have emailed the dealer so will see what they say.
RichR

Post by RichR »

It does sound like you're doing it correctly - pull the stalk to the 'on' position (or just leave it there all the time), then press set (or the Travel Assist button on the steering wheel) to give it control of speed. Tap stalk up or down to adjust the speed it's set to if it's not read a road sign or got it from the map. Press the brake pedal or flick the stalk away one stop (ie don't push it back all the way) to cancel. And yes, pressing the steering wheel button and getting the message about the main switch does mean the stalk need to be pulled to the 'on' position.

Do you get the white speedo symbol on the instrument panel/HUD to show that ACC is enabled (it goes green when activated)?

I wonder if your stalk has a bad connection or something and it thinks it's in the 'off' position all the time? It's not saying 'ACC is unavailable', so I don't think it's a camera or radar issue.

One last thought - do you have driving mode selection? I don't see a 'Drive' package in your signature so maybe not. I have a feeling that it is possible to disable ACC in the driving mode configurations.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Delbert_Wilkins

RichR wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:17 pm Do you get the white speedo symbol on the instrument panel/HUD to show that ACC is enabled (it goes green when activated)?

I wonder if your stalk has a bad connection or something and it thinks it's in the 'off' position all the time? It's not saying 'ACC is unavailable', so I don't think it's a camera or radar issue.

One last thought - do you have driving mode selection? I don't see a 'Drive' package in your signature so maybe not. I have a feeling that it is possible to disable ACC in the driving mode configurations.
Nope, the only symbol on display (regardless of the position of the stalk) is the ‘ACC off’ symbol. The more I think about it, I’ve never actually pushed the stalk into the off position. I always have it ready to be engaged at all times, not least as it’s one of my favourite functions. That’s what makes me think it’s not a stalk issue per se - i.e. it’s not that I switched it off and it failed to re-engage when I tried to turn it back on. It just seemingly decided to deactivate itself somehow.

I can select different driving modes, but I’ve never changed it. In fact, the first time I pressed the mode selection button was yesterday evening.

I contacted the dealer earlier and they said I need to take it in. Will report back as and when.
Delbert_Wilkins

Quick update on this. Took the car to the dealership for a while-you-wait appointment the other day. They confirmed “multiple software errors”. There’s nothing sinister or dangerous about it, but they do need longer than a 2 hour slot to sort. It’s been booked back in at the end of the month.