Hi from potential new iv 80 owner

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
whiphound

Post by whiphound »

Hi all,

I am looking to order an Enyaq for my next lease (Currently drive a Rav4 Hybrid). Seems that the iv 60 is completely on hold right now so the only option for me is to go for iv 80 and even then there is at least a 12 month wait. Thankfully I am pretty happy to extend my current lease until such time the new car is available.

So this is what I am looking at:

iv 80 in Black Magic with following packs:

* Family Package Basic - Mostly for the USBs in rear to connect kids ipads / phones.
* Convenience Package Plus - Because I am used to keyless entry / start stop and electric tailgate with the Rav4 I want to keep these features.
* Assisted Drive Package Plus - Again because I have adaptive cruise and auto lane keeping on the Rav4 I want to try and keep parity with the feature we have on the current car.

Considering:

* Tow bar - to allow for addition of a towbar mounted bike rack or storage (since when we have a dog cage in the boot we sometimes need a bit more space).

Uncertainties (if anyone can help me out that would be much appreciated)

* Not sure if the iv 80 has reversing camera as standard. I would like to have this since (again) the Rav4 has it. I cannot quite understand from the UK skoda site if it is included though. The brochure seems to suggest that "parking packs" are coming later in 2022 and there are no parking options on the options list.
* Are recuperation level paddles standard on the iv 80? Videos I have seen seem to suggest they are, but in the options like the Drive Sport Package Basic has the steering wheel paddles listed.

Anyway, hi everyone and hope to join any existing enyaq owners (or future owners) in the not too distant future.

RichR

Post by RichR »

Yes, there is a reversing camera as standard on all UK 80s, it also has a wide angle mode for when reversing out of parking spaces that people might not be aware of :)

And yes - paddles are standard on all models with a Drive package. 80s have Drive Package Basic included (or Drive Sport Package Basic on Sportline 80s). 60's don't have a Drive package as standard, so no paddles and no drive modes.

I would recommend downloading the PDF of the brochure - it's much easier to understand what it included in each package from the tables at the back of that.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Of all the packs available, I do still believe the Assisted Drive Package Plus is THE most important one to consider, given the enormous amount of assistance it gives, especially with respect to adaptive cruise control and blind spot monitoring, as well as full Travel Assist, effectively steering for you (I don’t have this, as I have Basic). Traffic Jam Assist drives the car forwards and stops again automatically, in annoying stop-start driving conditions.

To be honest, I’d forgotten I had the Paddles! I just never use them. I normally drive in D mode (which gives more ‘coasting’) but if I want a bit more braking reassurance when approaching lights or roundabouts on 60mph roads, I tend to switch the ‘gear button’ into B mode whilst slowing down. Each to their own, I guess !
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

Agreed - Assisted Drive Plus makes you realise you have a car from the 2020s. The amount of work it removes from the driver when you're on a motorway or large A-road is huge. Just hit that button on the steering wheel and it takes care of your speed (reading signs and using map data it pretty accurate most of the time), distance from car in front and steering so you only have to lightly hold the wheel.

I have used my paddles occasionally, when descending hills, but to be honest I just leave it in D and let the automatic regen system do its stuff. Having it increase 'engine braking' automatically as you approach a junction or reduction in speed limit is great. I just have to remember that my wife's diesel car doesn't do it!
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
whiphound

Post by whiphound »

Thanks for the replies and clarifications. I was looking at the downloaded PDF options list, and it only lists the Drive Sport and Drive Sport plus packages (No standard "Drive" package) which is probably what confused me. I assume this is something to do with the fact the 60 has been removed from the table.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Ah yes - I keep forgetting that the 60 isn't currently available. So yeah, some of the option might look at bit weird, because they're standard on everything at the moment :)

So yes, in the brochures where the 60 is available, you have:
Drive Package Basic optional on 60, standard on 80 (adds heated 2-spoke steering wheel, paddles and drive modes)
Drive Sport Package Basic optional on 60 and 80, standard on 80 Sportline and 80X Sportline. (adds same as above, but 3-spoke steering wheel and progressive steering)
Drive Sport Package Plus optional on all models. (adds same as above, but also dynamic chassis control)

I'm still using a December 2021 brochure, really ought to update that! Although I'm sure once the semiconductor, Covid and Ukraine situations are less of a restriction on production I suspect the 60 will be back. I don't think we'll ever see the 50 in the UK though. I ought to get a Coupe brochure too, as that will have different options to the estate version I'm sure.
whiphound

Post by whiphound »

Order should be going in today. Now the wait begins... silver lining is that due to lockdown my mileage on the old car is well below my contracted so the payments will reduce quite a bit for the next year for the extension.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

whiphound wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:31 am Order should be going in today. Now the wait begins... silver lining is that due to lockdown my mileage on the old car is well below my contracted so the payments will reduce quite a bit for the next year for the extension.

Enjoy!!

Reduced lockdown mileage caused me a problem with my last car (company BMW 5 series Touring). I was going to buy it for personal use at a price previously agreed before lockdown. Due to lockdown though, it had about 40k less miles than expected and because second hand prices shot up, they wanted about £8k more than we’d previously agreed so I didn’t buy it.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
ComicGeek

Post by ComicGeek »

I sold my RAV4 hybrid for a very healthy amount when I got my 80, and haven't missed it for a second. The 80 is just so much easier and nicer to drive.

I didn't go for the assisted drive plus, just the basic, and wish I had now. That's my only regret, but probably don't so enough motorway miles to fully justify it.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ same here - my only regret is getting Assisted Drive Basic instead of Plus for a few hundred quid more. Info was lacking somewhat when I ordered a year ago and I thought the only benefit with Plus, was to automatically stop the car and activate the hazard lights, if it thinks the driver is incapacitated. Didn’t know about the advanced lane keeping !!

I’m hoping it’ll be a purchasable software add-on one day. There was talk of this a while back.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post