Hello Folks!

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Phlash

Post by Phlash »

Hello folks!

New to the forums! Had many a Skoda/VW over the years.

Looking to take the EV leap of faith with an Enyaq... Test drove/looked at various other makes but the Enyaq felt the most accomplised in terms of aesthetics and useability...

I am waiting on a test drive but want to throw a few questions out there!

Having tested the ID5 in D mode I really had to stand on the brakes to get it to stop coming off a motorway... is that normal in the Enyaq? I appreciate that the Enyaq has 3 B modes access through the steering wheel which is a features I like and would use. Does anyone use that on a daily commute?

Does the car feel heavy... it's almost 600Kg heavier than my Tiguan!

I'm finding it a tough decision choosing between an expensive new car or a cheaper 2nd hand car for my first EV!

I'd like the Enyaq 80 Sportline plus with MAXX package and sunroof but would also be happier with the Coupe (in a sensible colour non VRS!). I've also seen videos of folks doing very doable distances with a 60 battery Enyaq... Throw the upcoming MY2024 update coming soon and the 0% finance (ending October...) in the mix and it's tempting to go for the new car!

Cheers!

KBEE

Post by KBEE »

Hello and welcome!

I’ve just made the switch from a Tiguan (2019 R-Line Tech; 1.5 Petrol) to the Enyaq (see sig for details).

I loved the Tig - it was a really brilliant and well-equipped car, and it was quite a wrench letting it go. But I am really enjoying the Enyaq. It’s definitely a worthy successor in our house.

It sounds like you know what you want in terms of trim and spec. Obviously the costs do add up quickly, and this is a more expensive car than a Tiguan to begin with, simply because that’s the way when you go electric. If you’re going MAXX you won’t have to worry about missing any features!

In terms of comparing with the Tig, I’d say the Enyaq feels lower to the ground but not especially heavier to drive, and cornering is just as tight. It doesn’t feel heavy. The biggest plus is the electric drive giving instant response when you press the accelerator. In the DSG Tiguan I had to pre-empt the lag from the gear box when setting off or trying to nip out into traffic - it would sometimes take a fraction of a second longer to respond. The Enyaq is just instant - it’s much, much better.

By the same token, it’s also more relaxing to drive and I find myself trying to max out my range and get the blue line of battery regen going as much as possible. It’s different in a positive way.

Brakes - yes, you’ve hit on exactly the difference I found when I first got it, but I can say you get used to it. I think it’s that the car tries to use the regen braking first, before applying the actual brakes, so you don’t get quite the same feel when slowing down. A few times I’ve had to brake more sharply because I felt the car wasn’t giving me quite as much stopping power as I thought I’d applied. Again - you get used to it.

I’ve not really used B mode yet, but I think it’s more for urban / city driving.

In D, the car will usually apply regen braking when you approach a junction or roundabout, typically slowing down to about 20mph without you needing to press the brake pedal. It does the same if it detects traffic in front or if you drive into a section of road with a lower speed limit. You do still have to keep control - I don’t have Adaptive Cruise on my car, but it’s the same sort of feeling.

(Annoyingly this clever stuff is all turned off if you use the normal cruise control! It’d probably give the perfect balance if it did still work, and the sensors are obviously all there, but I guess that’s why they can charge you extra for Adaptive!)

Range is an individual thing - I definitely wanted the 80 and so far this summer, 280+ miles from a full charge seems very achievable.

Other positives:

The boot is much bigger than the Tig. It goes back a lot further and I prefer the retractable parcel shelf to the fixed one.

The flat floor in the back is great if you carry three passengers. Not having the transmission tunnel helps a lot!

Quality inside - with the Sportline interior - is at least on a par with the R-Line Tiguan, with nice leather and carpeted front door bins. I like the optional sunroof too, as it adds a lot of light to the car.

The central screen is nice and big and mostly intuitive to use. I would still prefer physical climate controls, but having tested an id4 as well, the Skoda’s on screen controls are at least better than the sliders. The physical steering wheel controls and shortcut buttons you get are also good.

Sorry - very long post!

Honestly, the only things I miss are the few extra features I had on the Tiguan, like ACC and Area View, but they are all available, so it’s really not fault of the car! I’d gladly recommend it based on my experience!
Ordered 10th Feb 2022:

Enyaq iV 80 Sportline
Energy Blue
Climate Pack Plus, Convenience Pack Plus, Family Pack, Panoramic Sunroof

Delivered 26th July 2023!
CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

I agree with KBEE's comments. I also made the switch from a Tiguan (2019 R-Line Tech 2.0D) to the Enyaq, at the begining of July. Our other car has been electric since 2021 and we liked driving it so much that the Tiguan was relegated to being used only when necessary due to its carrying capacity, however there were features that I missed from the Tiguan and previous Passats so the outline requirement when replacing it was for an electric equivalent of the Tiguan with some features (Roll up tonneau cover, heated windscreen ...) from the Passat. The Enyaq, with Maxx pack has satisfied this in every way.
I find the Enyaq generally better to drive than the Tiguan. It does not feel particularly heavy to drive and the lower centre of gravity makes it more stable. I do take the chicanes on our estate a bit slower but that is because the car is a bit bigger. The turning circle is better so parking is easier. Driving is more relaxing and the seats with the Maxx pack are considered to be more comfortable by everybody who has driven it or been a passenger.
When I compared the brochure specifications for the Tiguan and the Enyaq the boot space was shown as being greater in the Tiguan, however in practice when loading up to go on holiday and when transporting garden waste to the dump the Enyaq is better.
Generally the ACC is better but I may turn off the automatic speed setting to the speed limit. It is frustrating when driving on a road with a 60 limit for cars but with 40 limit for lorries over 7.5 tonnes and also where the map data is not up to date. Although the maps have been updated from 23.6 to 23.7 since I got the car the limits in some places are over a year out of date, although you can provide update information on line if you set up a mapcreater account.

The lighting options in the Maxx pack give dual reversing lights which gives an improved night view compared with the Tiguan reversing camera, and so far it appears to be less affected by rain and spray. The area view has some enhancements compared with the version in a 2015 Passat or the 2019 Tiguan.

Range will vary with weather conditions and driving style. I have not changed mine from when I was driving 20k to 30k+ miles per year in the Passat and Tiguan. In the 2500 miles so far since getting the car the estimated 100% to 0% range has varied between 350 and 405 miles. Typically I have recharged after 200 to 250 miles with a maximum of 339 miles when testing range. It will be less in the winter but I expect to be able to do >200 miles in a day, or 2 days commuting, without recharging. Our longest day travel has been 461 miles, only recharging while we stopped for coffee or food.

I have not done any research since ordering the car last year. At that time it was the only credible option as a replacement for my Tiguan, and I am very pleased with my selection.
iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

I bought a cancellation order well specced vRS in April, there were quite a few in stock around the country as well but with limited extras normally; most had 21” wheels though which I also avoided.
The non vRS coupe was not available then and there are going to be very few available used or in stock yet.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Phlash

Post by Phlash »

Thanks all for the comprehansive replies! I'm all about detail so the length doesn't frighten me heh! I really appreciate it.

I too have an R line Tiguan 2.0D DSG (not 4x4) 2018 plate with sunroof, area view and Dynaudio additions. Love the car to bits and was finding it hard to replace until I saw the Enyaq...

Good to hear about the brakes... As with all machinery it just takes a while to get to know how things are and finding the sweet spot! Looking forward to a test drive soon.

The weight did concern me a little but good to hear it's not an issue.... again the test drive will help me firm up an opinion!

Tiggy's boot was great for having a sliding rear seat but I suspect that not buying the transport pack false floor will further help to maintain max boot space in the enyaq. The retractable cover is a great feature because I will need to get a wheelchair into the boot now and again, preferably upright... That Coupe shape maybe an issue!

Number plate recognition + speed setting feature is an interesting one and I'll be looking forward to trying that!

Nice tip on the map creator account for contributing to map updates.

I do like a openable sunroof but I like the Coupe shape... £1k between the Coupe and normal... decisions decisions! Time for a spreadsheet lol!

Thanks again for the information!
CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

Phlash wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:47 am Tiggy's boot was great for having a sliding rear seat but I suspect that not buying the transport pack false floor will further help to maintain max boot space in the enyaq. The retractable cover is a great feature because I will need to get a wheelchair into the boot now and again, preferably upright... That Coupe shape maybe an issue!
I went for the transport pack, partly for the ability to fold the seat backs from the boot sides. In the Tiguan I usually slid the rear seat forward when packing to go away on a long holiday and expected packing to be more difficult in the Enyaq. In practice I got more into the Enyaq boot than I had in the Tiguan. Normally there would be something on the back seat. This time the only thing was the cool box. The Coupe that I looked at had a solid boot cover, like the Tiguan, rather than the roll up cover that the Passat estate and the basic Enyaq have so the Coupe did not meet my requirements.

You can access map creater and set up an account from this website:
https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/
The Map Creator button links to
https://mapcreator.here.com/mapcreator/ ... -consumers
iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.
Phlash

Post by Phlash »

CrowSysE243 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:15 pm
Phlash wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:47 am Tiggy's boot was great for having a sliding rear seat but I suspect that not buying the transport pack false floor will further help to maintain max boot space in the enyaq. The retractable cover is a great feature because I will need to get a wheelchair into the boot now and again, preferably upright... That Coupe shape maybe an issue!
I went for the transport pack, partly for the ability to fold the seat backs from the boot sides. In the Tiguan I usually slid the rear seat forward when packing to go away on a long holiday and expected packing to be more difficult in the Enyaq. In practice I got more into the Enyaq boot than I had in the Tiguan. Normally there would be something on the back seat. This time the only thing was the cool box. The Coupe that I looked at had a solid boot cover, like the Tiguan, rather than the roll up cover that the Passat estate and the basic Enyaq have so the Coupe did not meet my requirements.

You can access map creater and set up an account from this website:
https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/
The Map Creator button links to
https://mapcreator.here.com/mapcreator/ ... -consumers
Ooh good points re: Coupe boot cover... That's made it easier to chose!

I have a couple of foldable Tern bikes which unually sit on the back seat when going away... So shoving the seat up made a bit more space in the rear. However I'm sure it'll be fine and I'll find a way!

Thanks for the links!
KBEE

Post by KBEE »

Just on the boot space - with the Tiguan, the official capacity was often given with the seats slid forwards. I think (do check in case my number are out!) the Tig’s boot was 615 litres with the seats all the way forward, but only 520 with them in the normal position.

The Enyaq’s rear seats don’t slide so the boot is fixed at 585 litres. I have kids so rarely wanted to slide the back seats all the way forward - they wouldn’t thank me!! - so the Enyaq’s much bigger “standard” boot is great.

I don’t have the Transport pack, and it’s fair to say there is quite a hump if you fold the seats down. If a flat loading area is important to you, the Transport Pack is probably a worthwhile investment.
Ordered 10th Feb 2022:

Enyaq iV 80 Sportline
Energy Blue
Climate Pack Plus, Convenience Pack Plus, Family Pack, Panoramic Sunroof

Delivered 26th July 2023!
CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

When we had passengers in the rear sliding the seats forward was not a viable option either. Even with the seat forward we ended up with some items in the seat well or on the seat, however the shape of our luggage fits better into the Enyaq so we were able to avoid that this time so find the Enyaq more practical for us. If we had passengers in the Tiguan when going to NI we had to use the roof box but probably won't bother in the Enyaq.

The travel pack in default position makes loading and unloading easy because of the flat floor/bumper line, and provides release handles in the boot for the rear seat backs but does still have a small lip at the seat back.

1 -Travel pack default - Copy.jpg

If you want to avoid the lip to get a smooth floor with the seat backs lowered then it is possible to raise the floor at the seat back.

2 Travel pack raised.jpg

The travel pack provides useful under floor storage and some luggage retainment accessories. The well in my car isn't big enough to store the charging cable but I can store my Third Rock mode 2/granny charger in it - It is not shown as it is in the garage at present for overnight charging until we go home. The cars that I saw in the garage before ordering had a wider well that could take the charging cable.

3 Travel pack storage.jpg

The underfloor storage can be easily removed if the extra luggage space is required, but in this case the depth of the well is not sufficient for my Third Rock charger.

4 Travel pack storage removed.jpg

The floor can be refitted in this lowered position with a lip at the front and back but with a slight increase in luggage capacity.

5 Travel pack storage removed lowered floor.jpg

My car was supplied with a storage container for the charging cable that fits on the left hand side of the boot, but has a tendency to fall out of its well unless some retaining mechanism is used.

6 - Charging cable storage.jpg

Note that the first aid kit and warning triangle on the right hand side are not part of the standard UK supply.

2 Travel pack raised.jpg

Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

I kept the net system from previous Karoq and one part of that forms a useful restraint to the charging cable container. As it is a net pouch it is also useful to put things in upright. Second net across car behind seat forms useful storage, usually full of folded shopping bags ready for use.
Third net covers entire floor if needed to hold something down. With Enyaq you only get one corner restraint, also kept 2 from Karoq. I use all 3 to form a line across the floor behind seats, useful for storing large umbrellas.
The Karoq double sided floor fits exactly width wise and right shape for car rear, just a bit short. This means I can have a rubber floor protector for most of boot but the corner restraints fit just beyond where it stops to carpet floor . Best of both as I could not use them in Karoq on the rubber floor.

My floor recess is the same as above and won’t take the cable, that’s why we get the container included for it. It is smaller in vRS and I suspect the 80x, or is it smaller in all cars with 80 battery?
Usefully fits the tyre pump though.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display