Looking to buy used in near future

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
AdamA86

Post by AdamA86 »

Hi all, after a good few years of trudging around in a Pug 508SW, we're finally considering buying our first EV. This will hopefully be a family & work car for at least the next 7-10 years, so I'm doing a little more research than with previous purchases. On my shortlist, I've got things like the ID.4, MG ZS EV, MG5 and the Kia e-Niro as well as the Enyaq of course.
My current needs for a car are;

1. I run a Photo Booth business, so I need to be able to get my kit in the car. Currently fits fine in the Pug with 530L so I don't think this is an issue with the Enyaq.

2. Often visit family for the day with a journey from Wigan to Sheffield approx 88 miles each way. I would prefer to do this without stopping to charge (and ideally have a little spare to run around whilst there (let's say 176 miles mostly motorway and 20ish around town. Looking at the EV-Database figures looks like the IV80 will do this comfortably, but the IV60 may struggle in the winter months.

I have a leased Solar array on the roof (was here when I bought the house, I would prefer to own it, by hey-ho), so plan on getting a Zappi installed & in all honesty, I think most of the charging will be done at home. I maybe do 1 long trip a year where I would need to use public charging and with working at night my car is sat on the drive during the day most days. So hopefully power it mostly from harvested sunshine and rainbows.

I'll definitely be posting at a later date with specific questions in the appropriate areas of the forum, but for now, if anyone could answer some points I'd be eternally grateful.

1. Most of the Enyaqs I've saved on Auto Trader state 50kWh charging, but I know both the 60 & the 80 could be optioned with higher rates. Is this something that can be upgraded?

2. A couple have towbars fitted. Has anyone actually towed anything with the Enyaq? What weight and what did that do to the efficiency?

3. Is the Infotainment system as bad as the YouTube reviewers say? I mean it's a bit of a moot point as I think all the cars on my shortlist have complaints about this to one degree or another.

4. Anything else that you think I should be looking out for on the Enyaqs?

Cheers all & I hope to post more soon.

Adam
MY21 80 Suite | Black Magic | 21" | Comfort Seat+ | Family+ | Climate+ | Convenience+ | Light & View | Assisted Drive | Infotainment+ | Pano Sunroof | ME3.0
GivEnergy EVC + 3.6kWp solar.
https://share.octopus.energy/ocean-mule-256

Yakin

Post by Yakin »

The Enyaq iV comes with various battery and charging options. While some models come with a 50kWh charging capability, the Enyaq iV 60 and 80 have higher charging rates. These charging rates depend on the battery capacity. It's not something you can easily upgrade after purchase, so make sure to choose the model with the charging capacity that suits your needs.

The Enyaq can be equipped with a towbar, and it has a towing capacity of up to 1,000 kg (braked). However, towing will reduce your efficiency, so keep this in mind for longer trips, especially in hilly terrain.
Powerstar

Post by Powerstar »

Older 60’s and 80’s could be supplied with 50 kW charging speeds which can be upgraded by the dealer for £440 (I believe this is still current). It is simply a software update.
If you only charge away from home occasionally you might not find the upgrade worthwhile as achieving over 50 kW is only possible at lower states of charge and certain battery temperatures.
I haven’t found the infotainment to be bad, it does what I need it to do and isn’t as laggy as I perceive the VW variant to be in reviews. It’s big screen is clear and configurable to your needs I think.
AdamA86

Post by AdamA86 »

Powerstar wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:55 pm Older 60’s and 80’s could be supplied with 50 kW charging speeds which can be upgraded by the dealer for £440 (I believe this is still current). It is simply a software update.
If you only charge away from home occasionally you might not find the upgrade worthwhile as achieving over 50 kW is only possible at lower states of charge and certain battery temperatures.
that's a good point re: deciding if it's worth the upgrade. As I said, currently we only seem to be doing one long journey a year & my back and bladder won't really allow me to go much further than 200 miles without stopping anyway for at least 30 minutes. Probably wouldn't mind making that more like an hour to get a decent amount of charge in the 'tank'.
MY21 80 Suite | Black Magic | 21" | Comfort Seat+ | Family+ | Climate+ | Convenience+ | Light & View | Assisted Drive | Infotainment+ | Pano Sunroof | ME3.0
AdamA86

Post by AdamA86 »

So I finally found one that had what we wanted on it within our price range. It actually comes with a lot more than we wanted (see signature for specs), so I've put a deposit down and will hopefully be ours on Wednesday.