I’m getting a new iv80, hooray!!

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
TheOriginalRich

Post by TheOriginalRich »

Hi I’m expecting my new IV80 in a few weeks and I was wondering what to expect in the future. My test drive was great and even with rose tinted glasses I loved the car.
I have seen some negative things about the infotainment system and was wondering if there are other niggles I should be prepared for.

CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

Congratulations. I hope that yuo enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine.
I have had mine for 4 months and covered 5700 miles. I may have been lucky but so far it has been better than I had expected.

There have only been a few niggles.

I prefer to use the ECO drive setting, however unlike any other car I have driven this has to be selected every time the car is started, for "legislative reasons". My previous ICE VW cars and our Kona EV retain the ECO settings.

The central (infotainment) display locked up once (yesterday) and had to be reset by holding the power button at the bottom left for 30 seconds. While locked up the only thing working was the map, which moved as the car moved but showed an incorrect car position. The speed limit shown on it and the drivers display were not the same, although they changed as the car moved. Often neither were correct. The reversing camera and area view displays were not available until after the reset.

The speed limit display is correct most of the time, but not always. It can be fooled by signs on adjacent roads, slight errors on the estimated car position, out of dat information in the map database, etc. The map data base is updated every month (it has now reached version 23.10 and was 23.6 when I received it) but changes shown in HERE maps on line in August have not yet been included in the car data. These errors are irritating when using adaptive cruise control linked to the speed limit, but has not been sufficient to cause me to disable it yet. I would prefer the adaptive cruise control not to increase the speed setting when the speed limit changes. This happens even if the speed limit change is a reduction if the setting was lower than the new speed limot e.g. if the setting is 55 and the limit is 70 on a dual carriage way the cruise control changes to 60 when a single carriage way is reached.

The POI data shown on the map display is imprecise and a lot is out of date. In areas I know I have found a lot of examples where there are multiple entries for the same place shown in different positions, some on wrong roads and up to a mile from the correct location. As I am not using this it is not a problem.

It took a while to get climate control behaving the way I want. I have ended up selecting classic controls and normally turning off A/C and with a set temperature chosen to ensure that there is no heating unless it gets too cold. I think it would be easier if individual controls were available for heating and cooling. Once I found the settings I wanted I noticed an improvement in range. Now the temperature is dropping I have A/C and heating on but the impact on range is better than I expereienced on other EVs, probably because of the heat pump.

Apart from these niggles I find the car features to be an improvement on my previous (VW) cars and I am really enjoying the car. It is a good match to my requirements and the best car I have had. Low temperature and wet roads (particularly recent flooding) do reduce range but less than I had expected.
iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post