Had my Enyaq for 6 weeks now (2000km on the clock)

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Hi, I've already posted but forgot to introduce myself: I've the Arctic Silver version (= light green) iV80. I was supposed to have one that DC charges at 125kW but the one I received only goes to 50kW... I'm in a big discussion with the dealer on this :(

Otherwise, the only nagging points I have are
* the AutoHold - can get very jerky especially when slow manoeuvres are needed in reverse. Best to turn it off for that. Turning it off is not straight forward: best way is to press & hold any of the 'favourites' at the bottom of the main screen, whereupon a load of icons show up, one of which is 'AutoHold' - drag it into the favourites at the bottom of the screen and then you have a shortcut.
* flappy paddles on the steering wheel for changing the regenerative braking intensity - completely useless as far as I can see: as soon as you hit the throttle it goes back to automatic.
* there's no manually settable trip meter: the car switches it back to zero after a few minutes' stop. But it should be ME who decides when the trip is over, not the car.
* Laura voice control - she's a pain if you or your passengers are chatting in the car: unfortunately she responds simply to 'Laura' and not 'Hey Laura' or 'OK Laura', so she keeps interrupting. Turn her off.
* the battery state icon has km (miles) left but no percentage
* awful bling Skoda advert illuminates the ground from the wing mirrors at night when you enter/leave the car.

But great things:
* super consumption - I've done 2000km with about 20% at 130kph on the motorways and I'm getting 15.5 kWh/100km ( 4.0 miles/kW). It is summer though and I'm in the south of France... it'll probably be worse in the winter.
* great turning circle
* very very roomy
* the predictive regenerative braking in Automatic mode is first class
* lots of hidden spaces in the boot for smuggling British sausages post-Brexit.

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Adding AUTOHOLD to favorites is recommended in a Skoda Storyboard presentation of the display.
Regen: Agreed I quite like driving using mode B.
Consumption: I have a IV60 and make a twice a year 160km each way to Bordeaux of which 100km I plan to try at 110km/h , based on what you say I might manage it.
The speed limiter does not handle speed bumps well (no end marker) however two weeks of the lever overcome this. Speed indicated is closer to real than previous Toyota.

I am very pleased with the car. Kessy works fine and I keep noticing little features like when you close the boot properly it flashes the rear lights.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
H_uue

Post by H_uue »

Nick123 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:27 pm * flappy paddles on the steering wheel for changing the regenerative braking intensity - completely useless as far as I can see: as soon as you hit the throttle it goes back to automatic.
Quick tip on the flappy paddles in D mode. As we've all learned lots of functions reset on a fresh start. Deactivating Eco-assist found under vehicle options however is one that doesn't.

Once Eco assist is switched off D mode works properly and adds a lot of flexibility to the simple but brutal B mode functionality. So coming off a motorway and drifting down to 50, use level one regen giving light breaking, but two more flips with left paddle approaching the roundabout to level 3 which is similar to the full B mode and you get close to one pedal driving. Approaching a fast or a tight bend, one of the levels will see speed drift down to take the bend comfortably, scarcely using the brake. It's good.
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

I quite like the blingy batman style projection. Thanks for the tips on the favourites bar
Enyaq 60 suite arctic silver

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post