Hello and some context

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
hergus

Post by hergus »

Enyaq 60 Lodge ordered mid May. Estimated delivery date on the order is September 14th and our dealer representative insists that the factory started building it last week as planned, but I don't trust anything she tells me.
We have specified the climate package, transport package and tow bar prep.
The vehicle is technically my wife's to replace her 10 year old Octavia that is literally falling to pieces. She got to choose the colour, but I approve of her choice of Arctic Silver.

I follow the range anxiety debate with some amusement. In the last century I owned a Citroen Dyane. Fuel tank capacity 25 litres, and about 40 mpg. So a similar range to an Enyaq 60. I rashly took it touring in Scotland, resulting in me having to freewheel on to the Skye ferry with an empty tank. Luckily there were plenty of willing hands to push us off again when we arrived. Driving that car taught me a variety of techniques that may come in handy with an EV, such as taking a run at a hill (build up speed going downhill such that momentum carries you partway up the subsequent slope).
Enyaq 60 Lodge, Arctic Silver. Climate package. Transport package. Towbar prep. Zappi charger with solar panels.

H_uue

Post by H_uue »

Enjoy the new car. Great choice of colour.
Unlike the Dyane, you'll squirt up the hill in no time.
One point of interest on the tow bar preparation which I also spec'd, not really feeling the need of swinging electronics. No problem with the order. But now I cant find a suitable bit of metal to bolt on. So far enquires have led nowhere. Interested if anyone has found a towbar to connect on?