Powerpass

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

The Ionity stations have fairly clear instructions and a small screen to tell you what to do. You hold the PowerPass card near the RFID reader (in the same way as a contactless credit card payment) which will then confirm that a transaction is imminent on the screen, then you plug in the car. You can probably plug in the car first, but they recommend you log in with your PowerPass card first. The Ionity screen explains what's happening, it takes a few seconds of 'handshaking' before it starts charging.

Archer17

Post by Archer17 »

Hi a newbie here from Spalding Lincs.

We took delivery of a Sportline iv80 last week, no wait just bought it from dealer stock. It has the 125 charge option.

The dealer didn’t mention Powerpass I saw it mentioned on here. I tried to sign on but the Charge Faster DC Booster option still sowed a £9.99 per month to get the Ionity 25p charging
The dealer also didn’t mention the Skoda tie in with Octopus Energy where if you swap to Octopus you get £45 for each fuel on a dual fuel account credited to that account. That’s by the bye though.

A couple of emails to Elli resulted in me being able to sign up to the option I wanted at zero cost for 12 months.

Loving the car but not the scheduled charging which is so complicated after that in our old Outlander Phev.
Skoda Enyaq 80 Sportline collected 29/09/21. Quartz grey metallic, Pan roof, tow bar, 125 charging, Comfort seat, Drive Sport+, Climate pack+, Assisted Drive, Parking, Light and View and Convenience pack.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Welcome! Yes, the scheduled charging doesn't work very well for most people and certainly isn't as easy as it is on the Outlander (I've currently got one until my Enyaq Sportline arrives). If your home charge point has the facility, you're better off using that to set timers than the car until Skoda update the software.

My wife's from Spalding - I'll ask her brother to keep an eye out for you :)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Archer17

Post by Archer17 »

Thanks it’s a slate grey kind of colour
I have coincidentally just left a post on the scheduled charging thread I won’t repeat it in full here but I have bought an Ohme Type 2 to type 2 to go in my dumb (it’s supposed to be smart but never has been (Chargemaster 7kw home charger)

The Oulander is a fine car, it certainly helped us decide to make the jump to full electric. The Enyaq is dynamically in a different league as it should be. You have made the right choice.
Skoda Enyaq 80 Sportline collected 29/09/21. Quartz grey metallic, Pan roof, tow bar, 125 charging, Comfort seat, Drive Sport+, Climate pack+, Assisted Drive, Parking, Light and View and Convenience pack.
foot tapper

Post by foot tapper »

We collected our new Skoda Enyaq iV 80 on 12th October.
We are only the 2nd or 3rd customer to collect their new Enyaq from Marshall Skoda Bedford in the UK, so the dealership staff were still on a steep learning curve themselves.
They weren't aware of the Powerpass, nor how important it is for long journeys.
We registered for our Powerpass as soon as we had a VIN number for the car but the card only arrived in the post about 10 days after we collected the car.
It should really be part of the new car handover pack and be available from day 1.
We've tried the Ionity network twice so far. The first time we paid by credit card and made the beginner's mistake of following the instructions on the charger. Wrong. The Ionity "help line", the most obnoxious, officious "help line" we have ever called, then told us off for following the instructions. They then reset the charger and told us to wait 5 minutes before trying again but in reverse sequence. That worked fine.
The second time, the Powerpass card had arrived so we tried it. A bit clunky but it worked. Phew!
We subsequently tried one of the new Gridserve DC fast chargers, which was much more intuitive and faster to get going.

Lots still to learn but we are really enjoying the car.
Best regards, FT
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

foot tapper wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:06 pm We collected our new Skoda Enyaq iV 80 on 12th October.
We are only the 2nd or 3rd customer to collect their new Enyaq from Marshall Skoda Bedford in the UK, so the dealership staff were still on a steep learning curve themselves.
They weren't aware of the Powerpass, nor how important it is for long journeys.
We registered for our Powerpass as soon as we had a VIN number for the car but the card only arrived in the post about 10 days after we collected the car.
It should really be part of the new car handover pack and be available from day 1.
We've tried the Ionity network twice so far. The first time we paid by credit card and made the beginner's mistake of following the instructions on the charger. Wrong. The Ionity "help line", the most obnoxious, officious "help line" we have ever called, then told us off for following the instructions. They then reset the charger and told us to wait 5 minutes before trying again but in reverse sequence. That worked fine.
The second time, the Powerpass card had arrived so we tried it. A bit clunky but it worked. Phew!
We subsequently tried one of the new Gridserve DC fast chargers, which was much more intuitive and faster to get going.

Lots still to learn but we are really enjoying the car.

I have mine in anticipation of getting my Enyaq next week. Does it make much of a difference in price? I have a few of these cards now, but no idea if they actually help! (Charge pass, Octopus Juice, Skoda Powerpass)
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Roo1980

Post by Roo1980 »

Goaty wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:24 pm
I have mine in anticipation of getting my Enyaq next week. Does it make much of a difference in price? I have a few of these cards now, but no idea if they actually help! (Charge pass, Octopus Juice, Skoda Powerpass)
I'd check the prices on each of the cards compared to the chargers you would actually use, but I think the powerpass gives you cheaper than standard on some networks, instavolt is one.
I'm not sure on what others powerpass is linked with.
I've seen the octopus juice card and if I was staying in the UK, that would be the one I'd go for.
Looking at the charge pass and powerpass, I'd probably use those more when driving around Europe, as I'm not sure on the chargers they work with, mainly as a lot of the uk chargers are moving to tap and pay with a debit card, and I'd probably not use them enough to need a powerpass/charge card
foot tapper

Post by foot tapper »

If I understand correctly, the Powerpass reduces the cost of Ionity chargers from about 70p/kWh, which is a bit eye watering to about 25p per unit, so very much worthwhile. With recent increases in the cost of electricity & gas, these rates may have risen in recent weeks but there is absolutely a benefit with the Ionity network.

The UK networks that we have enjoyed using the most so far are Gridserve and Instavolt. Their dc chargers are fast, seem to work and are easy to use.
Best regards, FT
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

foot tapper wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:58 am If I understand correctly, the Powerpass reduces the cost of Ionity chargers from about 70p/kWh, which is a bit eye watering to about 25p per unit, so very much worthwhile. With recent increases in the cost of electricity & gas, these rates may have risen in recent weeks but there is absolutely a benefit with the Ionity network.

The UK networks that we have enjoyed using the most so far are Gridserve and Instavolt. Their dc chargers are fast, seem to work and are easy to use.

Indeed yes - I’ve only needed to use Ionity once and instead of using my bank card, I held the Skoda PowerPass card up to the contactless reader and was charged only 25p/kW
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
uhhu

Post by uhhu »

Bacarelle wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:50 pm Hi All;

Picking up my Enyaq in the next few days but the dealership seem to be very poorly informed about the POWERPASS feature.
I think I have provided them with more information than Skoda and when I asked for information from Skoda UK I received no reply !

As I understand it, POWERPASS is Skoda's version of the IONITY network which is jointly owned by Mercedes, VW Group and others including some Japanese manufacturers.

On the Powerpass tariff website (https://www.skoda-auto.com/other/powerp ... nformation) it shows that if you sign up to the Pass in the first 12 months of buying a new
electric Skoda then you get free membership
which then entitles you to a discounted charging cost (25p per kWh if charging with IONITY compared to the normal 69p rate).

Now I know that IONITY's charging installations are as rare as hen's teeth in the UK, but as it happens their newest (ultra High Speed) charging site is in Leeds which is on my doorstep.

Has anyone on here signed up to POWERPASS and if so, can they share their experience of signing on and using ?

Hope you can help ?
I've just downloaded the app and looked at this. From the text in the app, it appears that it's a 12 month free subscription from when you sign up, rather than signing up in first 12 months. This means that it makes sense to wait until you first need to use Ionity, and sign up 11 days before (based on 10 days delivery for RFID card).
This appears similar to the Audi service, which is not actually linked to the car, but to your account, meaning you can use it on any car. I used my Audi pass on the Enyaq at Ionity on Friday, and got my reduced rate (free) charge no problem. With Audi though, they give you the RFID card as part of the handover pack which much more sense.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post