Powerpass

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Bacarelle

Post by Bacarelle »

Hi All;

Picking up my Enyaq in the next few days but the dealership seem to be very poorly informed about the POWERPASS feature.
I think I have provided them with more information than Skoda and when I asked for information from Skoda UK I received no reply !

As I understand it, POWERPASS is Skoda's version of the IONITY network which is jointly owned by Mercedes, VW Group and others including some Japanese manufacturers.

On the Powerpass tariff website (https://www.skoda-auto.com/other/powerp ... nformation) it shows that if you sign up to the Pass in the first 12 months of buying a new
electric Skoda then you get free membership which then entitles you to a discounted charging cost (25p per kWh if charging with IONITY compared to the normal 69p rate).

Now I know that IONITY's charging installations are as rare as hen's teeth in the UK, but as it happens their newest (ultra High Speed) charging site is in Leeds which is on my doorstep.

Has anyone on here signed up to POWERPASS and if so, can they share their experience of signing on and using ?

Hope you can help ?

Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Hi Bacarelle, yes, I have a PowerPass card - and I've tested it with Ionity here in France and it works. Downloading the app and signing in doesn't allow you to connect, however, you have to wait until the physical PowerPass RFID card arrives in the post. The tariffs that are displayed in the app depend on whether you have the Enyaq limited to 50kW or whether you went for the charge-faster option (100kW for the iV60, 125kW for the iV80). If you have the fast-charge option, then you get a year of reduced Ionity rates with no monthly subscription: for the standard 50kW option, you get reduced rates but have to pay a subscription. It's all rather complex, I'm afraid, they could have made the tariffs a lot easier to understand. I think they have changed their app now, but initially once you chose a tariff there was no going back... after a long email ping-pong I managed to get mine cancelled so I could choose another tariff rate, but it wasn't easy.
Bacarelle

Post by Bacarelle »

Hi Nick123:
Many thanks for that.
I have the 100kWH option so appreciate your explanation and warning.
My concern and the reason for posting was that at no point was I advised of the existence of this scheme, neither by the dealer nor ŠKODA UK (to whom I wrote but never received a reply !
It is nota crucial issue in the UK as Ionity currently have few charging points, although their most recent installation is quite near to me.
I am just concerned that the lack of information on the ŠKODA site and at dealers could potentially deter possible EV owners needlessly.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

The dealer here in France knew nothing about PowerPass either. The card covers more than just Ionity, however: I asked them for a list of their partners and they wouldn't give me the information - they told me to 'look at the map in the app'. Most of the main AC stations are not covered by PowerPass in France - the PowerPass map shows the nearest one to me is over 11 km away, whereas there are several AC stations within a couple of kilometres. You will definitely need another charging card other than PowerPass if you need to charge away from home.
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

Our dealer in the UK has told us that PowerPass is not live in the UK for Skoda, only live in Europe. They are targeting the autumn by the sounds of it. I've heard a few reports that people may have been able to sign up to it but yet to see how they will be billed! We weren't told anything originally by the dealer, only offered up the info once I questioned them. Their last update (from Skoda UK) was mid-July saying it wasn't live yet.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

You have to enter your credit card details into the app, and when you use the card you get bills which show up in 'History' in the app.

IMG_0214.jpeg

Hillocklane

Post by Hillocklane »

Thanks for posting this - not something my dealer mentioned, but then charging wasn't something they talked much about generally. Will be very helpful if it does go live in the UK, so fingers crossed!
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Expensive 95c a Kwh from above example.
Special rates are not available unless you upgrade from 50 Kw charging.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

I'm hoping they will be forced to offer better rates. In the UK, I am not going to pay £4.99/mo to allow access to ~45p/kWh when I can get maybe slightly slower ~30p/kWh at Ecotricity et al with no membership and a contactless card. I'd hope they'll soon find they have no customers, but I wonder how many will just use the PowerPass subscription thinking they are getting a good deal. Maybe Ionity chargers will be amazing, but Gridserve are upgrading all the Ecotricity charging points on UK motorways and will be keeping them at 30p/kWh with no subs, so I can't see the draw for Ionity.
Bacarelle

Post by Bacarelle »

My Powerpass card arrived today from Germany.

Sadly, no instructions about how to use it other than instructions about how to 'pair' it with the App.

However, the Powerpass website now includes the following Q & A page which proved more informative:
https://www.skoda-auto.com/emobility/powerpass-faq

Unfortunately, I am still not sure what I am supposed to do at the charging point. I have sent them an email asking for a step-by-step guide.
There seems to be an assumption that everyone should be as familiar with the system as they are !

Happy to see that sites other than Ionity appear on the App map but can't quite work out which providers are in the scheme and which aren't.

I guess I will need to take the plunge and charge at one of the sites in order to see whether it works and how the invoicing works.

Incidentally, as my Enyaq has DC charging option, I was able to register for the Ionity cheap rate of 20p per kWh, which is very good, although
not as good as my home charger rate of 5p per kWh courtesy of Octopus Go tariff !

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post