Hello - Question on Infotainment Issues

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Alk123

Post by Alk123 »

Hello - just joined a forum and my very first post!

Have placed an order for Enyaq 80 early July - expecting delivery around end Oct. However, somewhat concerned regarding the issues surrounding the infotainment system - have a neighbour across the road who owns a Skoda Scala and he has a similar issue thats been on-going for over a 6 weeks. Everytime it goes into a garage, he is told its sorted, only for him to drive out with the same / similar issue.

Just wondering if I can follow up with an email to sales rep etc... to cover my back, should the car arrive with this issue present? Any help / advise would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

RichR

Post by RichR »

The occasional lockups on the infotainment system on the Enyaq and VW ID.4 and ID.3 have been known about since they went on sale. Some people get a lockup more than once a week, some have had the car for many months with no lockups ever. Generally holding the infotainment power button down for 10 seconds fixes it (no need to stop driving), so it's an inconvenience more than a real problem.

You can be sure that VAG are throwing a lot of money at getting it sorted, and there's a big system update for the VWs being issued over the air to cars at the moment that may resolve it. I would expect Skoda's version of basically the same software will be updated in the next few months too.

There will of course be other software issues as this is a brand new car using brand new software. That's the risk you take when buying anything new - it is not possible to fully test a system as complex as this as there are too many variables. So for the first year or so of any complex computer system you can expect there to be bugs, but hopefully nothing that affects the car's actual job of driving from A to B.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

VW are promising updates every 3 months. the ID.4 & ID.3 share the same software for Hardware as the Enyaq but different infotainment versions. Which I suspect is just a presentation layer difference.

Here is an article. https://www.motor1.com/news/518129/vw-i ... a-updates/

" improvements in many aspects, including enhanced lighting functionality, better main beam control, optimized infotainment system operation, and others. "
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Alk123

Post by Alk123 »

Thanks RichR and Perchede for your replies as above...keeping fingers crossed that the car arrives with these issues resolved.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post