Hello - I come with a daft question

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Fightless Bird

Post by Fightless Bird »

Hi, I've just registered. Bit embarrassed about asking this but it's something I need to know.

I've had a company Enyaq organised for me, all I needed to do was pick a colour / spec. I've been told the car will be delivered early which has thrown my plans a bit so am now rushing around trying to source a home charging unit. My question though, concerns the charging cable. I've looked at the Skoda website and it seems as if you need to buy the cable as an extra? Is that the case? Or does it come with some kind of basic cable and the one shown on the website it an upgraded one?

I don't want to call my local Skoda dealer as their sales guys are not very pleasant to deal with and I may end up being faced with more questions I can't answer, and the person within the business that's the point of contact for all things car is away for 3 weeks.

Any help here would be appreciated, thanks.

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

It comes with a 32A charging cable suitable for connecting you Enyaq to a 7kw (32A) wallbox.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

As above - it comes with a cable that you can use with a standard Type 2 AC home wallbox type charger, or a public AC charger if they don't have a fixed cable on the charger (ie 'tethered'). Rapid chargers like you find at motorway services use CCS plugs which are always on cables fixed to the charger so you don't need an extra cable for those.

It does not come with a 'granny charger' that plugs into a normal household mains socket for slow charging, but you can get one from places like Screwfix, Argos, Amazon and many other online shops if you need one.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Fightless Bird

Post by Fightless Bird »

Perfect - thanks for your answers.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Hi I just brought a 3 pin normal electric socket from Ohme part of OctopusEnergy.
They are doing deals via Skoda.
Normal price £400 on a deal if an OctopusEnergy user of £200 ideal till you get a charging point installed.
HappyLassie

Post by HappyLassie »

Very sensible question! It confused me when I saw the extra cost to buy a cable. Took me a while and a bit of googling to find it out. The lady at the dealership when I went for a test drive didn't know as it was new in and she hadn't got her head around the extras yet 🤣

Good to know you can get a granny charger at Argos and other high Street shops. Think it may come in handy for nights away. As mine is a lease car thought it best to buy my own as I'd need to return it with the car and may use it for the next one.
Waiting for my Enyaq 60, Loft, sunroof, towbar prep and family pack. Energy Blue. :D
Rumney

Post by Rumney »

Picking up my new ‘built to order’ Enyaq 60 from the dealership on 1st September. I have already had a tethered PodPoint 7.2kw home charger fitted. Just bought a 12m (13 amp 3pin to mode 2) cable from EV Extras (https://ev-extras.com/) for £185 incl. VAT and free 2 day delivery. Will keep it in the boot as we often have a few days away around the UK in cottages in the countryside so may prove valuable and certainly remove any range anxiety. Seems well built and very good quality.
Enyaq iV 60 with Lodge interior, Metallic paint (Arctic Silver), 19” Regulus Anthracite alloys, Heat Pump for battery, 100W DC charging, Parking Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Light & View Package Basic and Panoramic Sunroof

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post