Should I get one??

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
jags

Post by jags »

Hi, new to this forum, I live in France, and I've not bought the car yet! Test drive on Tuesday. I've never driven an electric car and I'm concerned more about ease of use and particularly charging as I have read comments suggesting off peak charging is problematic.

Also - I don't have a wallbox, and I'm worried that the wiring in my French garage has been done to UK standard by the previous owner of my house!

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I think your garage wiring is unlikely to support 32A and be 6mm three core cable. If you just plan to use a granny cable then you may be OK.
Check the Interrupteur différentiel and the DISJONCTEURS Disjoncteur that protects the circuits.

If you do plan a wallbox, make sure it also supports reduced charging and scheduled charging as I am having difficulty with scheduled charging,
What power do you subscribe to? Do you have a Linky meter if so you can see your max load history if you signup to an free Enedis a/c. Adding a 7kw load in the winter could be a problem as a single phase connection is maxed at 12kw.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
jags

Post by jags »

Thanks for your reply.

I'm with EDF and I do have Linky and 12kva with tariff bleu (1am-7am and 12am -14pm heures creuse). I often run the washing machine or dishwasher overnight but not every night and as my daily car use isn't huge I think I could make sure not to have everything going at once in the summer but i do have 2 electric radiators bedroom and bathroom.. so the winter might be tricky. My other heating is bio mass.

As far as the box location goes could have a box on the outside of the house and charge in the drive - the garage isn't attached to the house in any case.

I noticed you have been having a lot of trouble with your off peak scheduling, it's a bit off-putting I must say. ..will the wallbox make the difference?
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Normally most people loose out by being on a HP/HC tariff but an electric car should make the difference. I have not done the calculation recently but last time I did ment that 55% of consumption needed to be on HC. If you wall box supports schedules charging you can use it's timers rather than the Enyaq's.
I am going to try setting a departure time as well using the end of my off peak. at the departure time. This will alter charging to finish at the departure time and it will use the off peak settings in preference id it's calculations show the max charge level can be achieved by only using them.

My dearer thinks a departure time is necessary with the off-peak times but I read somewhere they are independent. The fact that if no location settings are active the Enyaq will charge immediately and if a off peak time is active without a departure setting it won't. This would seem illogical if you can't just set active off peak times.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
jags

Post by jags »

EDF suggests that Coût de recharge d’une voiture électrique à domicile at 12kwh/100 km is 2.3 HP and 1.4 HC. As opposed to 6 -9 for a thermic car. So the HC is certainly more attractive and I'll definitely take your advice about the wallbox.

As a single woman of 60+ I often wonder if sales/tradesmen are trying it on in order to milk more dosh out of me so it's good to know what's worth doing and what's isn't. It's still a bit if a man's world out in the sticks..

As far as the car goes I really don't like the basic "energy blue", so I'd have silver or grey, I probably could do with the front parking sensor and rear camera as it's a bigger car than my elderly Golf+ and the upgrade to faster charging might be useful should I ever need it in an emergency if I'm out further afield than normal. Leather upholstery etc is not on my must have list, although my dog might like it..
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

EDF Blue is the most expensive regulated tariff. You can find the best current deals at the site of the regulator:
https://www.energie-info.fr/
I change supplier regularly, very simple.

I went for the energy blue without faster charging as I think I would only charge elsewhere perhaps twice a year. I like the Loft interior, so went for a few assist systems instead.
jags

Post by jags »

I've looked into changing suppliers before, but as I'd only save 30-65 euros a year I haven't bothered tbh. I've not lived in this house for a year as yet, so I will review it again after that as I changed to all electric cooking and had a water softener put in, which regenerates overnight about once a week.

The faster charging is a moot point. I was hoping to get out and go further afield after being tied close to home by elderly parent (now deceased) , but with covid it's been a bit of a bust. The weather lately hasn't helped much either, it's been crap in the SW!

I see you still are having trouble with cheap rate 1charging (and not the only one) .. I shall certainly bring it up on Tuesday at the test drive. But no doubt be told it's all wonderful, since I presume they'll be wanting to sell me one...