Energy Blue Sportline 80 finally ordered

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
RichR

Post by RichR »

After joining back at the beginning of March when the Enyaq went on sale in the UK, I've finally read enough on here, watched many hours of YouTube videos, read the Owner's manual fully, and spent weeks playing with configurations on the Skoda website, yesterday I finally went to a dealership with my configuration code for a test drive and to place my order.
Test drive was in a 60 Loft, but it did have 20" wheels and Drive Basic, so close enough to a Sportline to check the driving experience and interior are what we expected. About 20 minutes following the salesperson round the country roads, villages, shopping and commercial estate and ring road north of York - a decent route allowing plenty of different road types. With no salesperson in the car, my wife took the opportunity to press, push and pull and try everything she could from the passenger seat. Even managed to set the satnav to route back to the dealership.

I have to say, that though I had a pretty good idea of what to expect, and have driven a few EVs (not least my Outlander PHEV for many years), but I was really impressed with how well it handled. Certainly felt much more nimble than a car that size should, and acceleration is perfectly adequate. I really liked the adaptive regeneration - I barely needed to brake when turning into junctions and going round tight corners, yet could coast on straight roads nicely. Also the satnav voice is very pleasant and polite (she says 'please' a lot!).

So order is now placed. Went for Energy Blue as (a) it gives £600 to spend on another option, and (b) I think it might be a less common colour for Sportlines. Options chosen to suit what we will be using the car for - a lot of longer journeys at all times of year with four adults and two or three dogs in comfort, in addition to commuting and shopping of course. Originally we'd planned for a Loft with HUD, but when they changed the option availability we had to reconsider to reduce the amount of leather yet still have the HUD. Sportline is a good compromise, and some of the options we'd chosen are standard on the Sportline, so the overall cost wasn't increased by as much as it might have been - plus we get some things such as matrix headlights that we ruled out as too expensive and an 80 without chrome. Dropping metallic paint and some other 'nice to have' options meant we could absorb the difference between Loft and Sportline.

Sportline 80
Energy Blue
125kW charging
Heat pump
Comfort Seat Package Plus
Convenience Package Plus
Transport Package
Assisted Drive Package Plus
Infotainment Package Plus (HUD)

I don't expect delivery before January 2022, possibly even later - but that's not a problem. We've decided the Enyaq is the right car for us, there's nothing else on the market now or due in the next 6 months that meets our requirements so well. And there's nothing really wrong with our current Outlander PHEV - we own it outright, it's in very good condition and works perfectly. It's just that it burns petrol and it's time to move on. Whether that's in 3 months or 6 months doesn't really matter. This is our first ever brand new car, so rather than accepting someone else's choice of options by buying second hand (or dealer stock) we're happy to wait for it to be built to our spec.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

Nice, we've gone for a Sportline 80 as well, pretty much came to the same decision. By the time we decided we wanted an 80 and some options, it appeared most of them came as standard on the Sportline, and the missus wanted colour coded body, so it was the obvious choice. We're slightly ahead of you in ordering (mind July) but also have no idea when its going to come, maybe before Xmas if we're lucky.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Definitely envious!!!! I had to place my company car order before the end of May, so went for an 80 Loft (with Betria 21” wheels).
Last week I found out our latest car list now includes the 80 Sportline!! Way too late for me to change unfortunately, as my one is due in about 6 weeks. Doh 😖!!!!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post