Newbie, Hi.

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Hi Everyone,

I am David, I live in West Yorkshire and took delivery of my Skoda Enyaq Iv 80 Suite with sunroof, 20" wheels and Race Blue paint about 3 weeks ago.

We also have a 2018 Skoda Kodiaq Edition from new, a Focus RS for the weekends and a Yaris GR on order.

We've Covered about 1600 miles so far in the Enyaq and apart from a couple of incidences of not being able to get on the 1st charger we stopped at , we love the car predominantly for its smooth, comfortable drive as well as the quality interior.

enyaq.jpg

I am a keen amateur detailer and happy to help anyone who wants to know how to keep their car looking ace.

The following is a message I posted on another forum recently regarding my recent long haul in response to a electric car hater.

We've just done a 900 mile treck to Cornwall and back in an Enyaq 80 with only one mishap where a charger wasn't working and another time we had to wait for 15 mins. The other 3 or 4 times where seemless and always near somewhere to eat or go for a stroll. Yes, we need more 50kw chargers for sure but I'm sold on the Enyaq, it's smoothness and comfort and I'll only be using the road chargers a handful of times a year. The one complaint was the amount£ being charged. It ranged from 19p kwh to 40p but even at higher rate much cheaper than fuelling an suv.
It's only on the long hikes it can be a pain but our stops where mostly planned and the hr or so every 3.5 hrs was a welcome break.
Just for info I had 4 adults and loads of luggage and travelled mostly at 75mph on the clock. We where still managing to get 220 miles or so with 30 odd left in the battery. I was pleasantly surprised. Just one driving around town we are getting at least 280 miles from a charge, excellent and whilst I love my hot hatches, the Enyaq is a pleasure to drive as a daily but we will have to see how well it works through the winter.

Finally, im having a nightmare writing this. Im not so tech savvy but the text field here is all over the place and doesnt write where the cursor is!.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Your Enyaq is very lucky to be owned by someone who’s keen on keeping it clean!

Mine will get one £3 basic automatic car wash, once a year at Christmas time! 😱
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Don't do it iixorb. Them automated car washes where built by the devil :twisted: and will cast aspersions on all who use them :o .

Just the thought of putting my car in one of them makes me want to cut my wrists.

Move over to the light side and buy a bucket and wash mitt then allow me to guide you to heaven :D .
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I settle for the lazy middle ground of a pressure washer and snowfoam. I have problems with my shoulder tendons so can't do a whole car with a sponge any more, but I can just about manage to foam it up and rinse it off. If you use decent detergents, and do it fairly often then it does a good enough job for me.

Maybe twenty five years ago I cared about having a perfect finish, but these days as long as the paint's not getting damaged by bird poo and tree sap, looks the right colour, and I can see out the windows it'll do ;)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Hi Rich.
Snowfoam is a prewash and a method of removing most contamination before the contact wash to reduce risk of marring. Given your shoulder issue I imagine using the pressure washer is uncomfortable also.
I'd probably recommend a local mobile valet outfit so as not to injure your other shoulder.
If you do want to use snowfoam though make sure you are using a good one. I recomend Bilt Hamber Auto foam or Bilt Hamber touchless or Wax Planet Eight below as good strong products. Traffic Film Removers (TFR) as used by drive through hand washes and automated ones are stronger but somewhat caustic and can bring on corrosion issues over the long term.
Another method you may want to explore is rinseless washing and ONR (Optimum No Rinse) is the pinnacle product I believe. There are several methods of using it and you may find one that is easy on your shoulder. Rinseless washing if done correctly is safe and will clean far better than just snow foam. You can even get it with wax in and it's very very economical to use as it's diluted at 1:256.
I've discussed the topic of the disabled, aged or injured people washing cars previously and remember there being some good ideas, I'll see if I can find it.
Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

I'm of the habit of using an automated car-wash.

But then again, for the last 8 years, I've been driving a £14K Berlingo!

I think I can stretch to having someone hand wash it for me on occassion.
Enyaq iV 60. Energy Blue with EcoSuite, 19" wheels, 100kW charging.
Comfort Basic, Assisted Drive Plus (Drive Sport), HUD, Parking Basic, Transport, Panoramic Sunroof.
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

RichR wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:05 pm I settle for the lazy middle ground of a pressure washer and snowfoam. I have problems with my shoulder tendons so can't do a whole car with a sponge any more, but I can just about manage to foam it up and rinse it off. If you use decent detergents, and do it fairly often then it does a good enough job for me.

Maybe twenty five years ago I cared about having a perfect finish, but these days as long as the paint's not getting damaged by bird poo and tree sap, looks the right colour, and I can see out the windows it'll do ;)
From what I've seen of ceramic coatings, if you want to keep the car looking tiptop, then maybe get a local detailer to prep and coat your car with a ceramic coating and most of the road grime will wash straight off with a snow foam and pressure washer. Just manually remove any bird droppings etc and now and again use a fallout remover to get rid of the other crap that can build up like brake dust/fragments. Maybe even getting a detailer in once or twice a year for a service wash.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Cheers - yes, I use the Bilt Hamber pre-wash stuff, then spray on Autoglym Polar Wash at a low pressure and rinse that off. It seems to do a reasonable job, without me hurting my shoulders too much. It's having to reach above my head that's the killer - so my wife's VW T5 Caravelle doesn't get washed very often :) Enyaq Sportline has a lower roofline that my current Outlander, which will help there too. For stubborn bird poo I do have to resort to a microfibre mitt, but I try to minimise the amount of that by washing it more frequently when there are more birds about (ie the swallows and house martins nesting right above where I park in early summer).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

For Bird Poo id recommend cutting up an old sponge into 2"x2" cubes. Soak in water and just leave sat on the bird poo for at least 5 mins. If its down the sides, I just use warm water in a jug and pour until its gone.
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Busy cleaning both Skodas today. Everything so much easier to clean on the Enyaq compared with the Kodiaq. Roof, wheels arches and front much easier. Hardly any brake dust so wheels much easier and not so much embedded contaminants down the sides. ;)

20210926_171537.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post