Newbie, Hi.

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

Its dead simple wash your car using 2 buckets, pressure wash before, dry with a clean microfibre towel and to finish with a spray detailing solution, all nice and shiny and a bit of wax protection thrown in for good measure
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o

metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

I used to use the 2 (or even 3 inc wheels) bucket method but realised that you are much better off rinsing out your wash pad/mitt with the pressure washer and squeezing out before going back in the single bucket. I never ever see any dirt in my bucket (I use clear buckets for this reason).
I would recommend a prewash with a good snow foam and / or APC spray before the contact wash especially in the winter rather than just pressure wash but this is where you need to ensure correct dilutions so as not to remove any protection you have on and may want to keep working.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ your Enyaq’s are so lucky 😜

Mine ‘might’ get a wash at Christmas, and then the next one will be in the Spring when the weather starts improving 👍. One more in the Summer which will take me through to next Christmas 🤣.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

Goaty wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:17 pm /\ your Enyaq’s are so lucky 😜

Mine ‘might’ get a wash at Christmas, and then the next one will be in the Spring when the weather starts improving 👍. One more in the Summer which will take me through to next Christmas 🤣.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Goaty, your lucky to have the Enyaq.

Ive noticed compared to our Kodiaq that it doesn't get nearly as dirty, not the wheels, the sides or up the back, its not like an ICE car where the contaminants get embedded in the paint and attract other contaminants.

Good car for the unwashed ;) .
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ I think I’m realising how lucky I am to have got it in only 5 months. No problems with it either 🤞

That still doesn’t persuade me to get busy with a bucket and sponge 🧽 😜
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Sponges are a no-no.
Will almost certainly cause marring just like chamois.
Chenille is the safest, microfiber pads the most effective yet still safe.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post