Future owner

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

@greg_s I have had a POD Point since April this year and it is used to charge both of our cars and hasn't missed a beat the granny charger really isnt something you will need
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o

RichR

Post by RichR »

Realistically, granny chargers on a car with a battery over 50kWh are only really of use for when you cannot get a charge on a domestic 7kW wallbox, or there are no public chargers (or they're busy/broken) when you're on holiday or visiting relatives (hence why they're called 'granny chargers'). Yes, there are some people who manage with only a granny charger, but that's not how the manufacturers envisage the car being used. If you found yourself with an almost empty battery on an Enyaq 80, it'd take around 36 hours to charge to full. So you wouldn't do that - you'd charge it for a few hours to give yourself enough range to drive to a public rapid charger, then spend 20 minutes or so charging there.

However I do think it's worth having one in the boot, for those occasions where you are too far from home to use your own wallbox and can't use public chargers for whatever reason. But you don't have to buy the £230 Skoda one (or the £650 Skoda universal one, which might be handy if you travel abroad), there are plenty for sale for under £200 from Argos, Screwfix and Amazon etc.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

I think I have one in my garage that's never been used
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o
greg_s

Post by greg_s »

Roo1980 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:37 pm Skoda only supply a type2 to type 2 lead. You can buy a granny cable from skoda and a multi use one as well at time of ordering, but 3rd party options are cheaper.
Thanks @roo1980, I thought that may be the case. I've had a look around and the thirdrockenergy ones seem to be the best bet as they are variable amp.
Also option on Ebay, but you can't be so sure of how well built the devices are https://thirdrockenergy.co.uk/products/ ... 6631600187
greg_s

Post by greg_s »

A bit of an update. My enyaq arrives at the dealership on Friday and I’ll collect in a week. I’ve ordered a granny cable from third rock that I can vary amperes on for when we go camping/glamping.

Wall box also ordered but 4-5 week delivery on that.

When I collect are there any common snags to watch out for when I inspect the car?
Kwesi

Post by Kwesi »

greg_s

Post by greg_s »

Good news is that my Enyaq got registered today ready for us to collect on Friday so we are quite excited. It's been a quick turnaround too as we purchased on that was pre built and allocated to a dealer so around 3 weeks from order placed to collection.
Also ordered a load of detailing items to give the car a good once over when I get home and provide a good level of protection both inside and out
orrery

Post by orrery »

RichR wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:01 am Realistically, granny chargers on a car with a battery over 50kWh are only really of use for when you cannot get a charge on a domestic 7kW wallbox
Granny chargers are perfectly usable.
How usable depends on your daily mileage, not the size of your battery, given that most EVs do roughly similar miles/kWh.
Having a larger battery just gives you more headroom.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
greg_s

Post by greg_s »

The granny charger is the main option until I get a wall box fitted. It will need some more planning when I have a long journey as there are only 2 public chargers in my town that I can use if needs be.

I went for a variable amp granny charger so I can charge slowly if we are away camping and don’t have other options, but will be charging 95% on home wall box, probably 3% on public chargers and 2% on granny charger realistically.
greg_s

Post by greg_s »

The car has been good to drive so far however the following issues have occurred and require resolving.

Can these be dealt with at our local dealer?

Setting home address doesn’t show home address is set in the menu.

Using voice assistant menu hangs on screen. The menu is not dismissible from the screen and is not usable and cannot change radio or other settings.

Passenger interior vanity light not turning off when sun visor is closed

Cannot access sound menu on the infotainment

7AEBCDB6-16B0-4C76-989A-CB9EA0E58708.jpeg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post