Future owner

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
greg_s

Post by greg_s »

Hey all. Placed our order for a 60 suite over the weekend to make the electric switch away from our Octavia VRS.

Starting to get ready for installing EV charge point and learning more about these motors.

greg_s

Post by greg_s »

Looking for advice on which wallbox to fit and lead time on getting them. I have been looking at the Rolec units so far but keen to hear others experiences.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Depends what you want from the unit read reviews and new article in regards to the unit you want. Main thing is do your research I'm bias as I work one of the companies you'll be looking at.

Comes down to what one you like the look of also.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
greg_s

Post by greg_s »

Yeah I am sure that there will be some items to watch out for with these. My dad has a Rolec unit already as does by brother which seem to do the job fine.
I want to make sure I get one that has a half decent mobile app.

I also don't yet have a smart meter but given energy prices atm it isn't worth me switching yet as it would move me to a much more expensive tariff too. I have solar PV installed but given it is a 3.85KW system there isn't much advantage to charging during the day unless I could charge at a lower rate if needed as I'll install a 7KW tethered charge point I expect.

The other option I was considering is the Zappi unit.
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

greg_s wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:55 pm …I also don't yet have a smart meter but given energy prices atm it isn't worth me switching yet as it would move me to a much more expensive tariff too….
You shouldn’t have to change tariff to get a smart meter. You’ll need one to access the best off-peak tariffs, but depending on your daytime usage the savings charging the car overnight may or may not offset the increase in day rates. Suppliers can be slow to upgrade meters (mine suggested 6 months), so you might want to kick the process off sooner rather than later & wait for the market to settle down before switching tariffs.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
greg_s

Post by greg_s »

Yeah I'm definitely not looking to switch tariffs atm given the huge price increases it doesn't make sense. I think I have got a way forward on wallbox now though after looking around at the options it is between Zappi and the Rolec tethered wallbox with TruePen (https://www.rolecserv.com/News/Introduc ... -by-design) so I don't need an extra earthing device.

Also sold my current Octavia VRS 245 this week so that has gone to new home today which is bitter sweet and I should hopefully have the enyaq in about 2 weeks time as it is currently at UK port going through customs.
arc

Post by arc »

I've been following Artisan Electrics on YouTube and they have stopped installing Rolec since they failed too often:

You might want to consider a Hypervolt: no additional earthing device needed. I'm getting one installed soon, the electrician said it's a 3-week lead time at the moment.

For the Zappi you have to buy the Hub as well to be eligible for the grants, so that means an extra box near your consumer unit. Hypervolt doesn't have that.
80 Loft - Energy Blue - 19" Wheels - 125kW DC - Convenience Basic - Assisted Drive Basic - Parking Plus - Ordered Oct '21 - Build week w52 '21 - Build completed w17 '22
greg_s

Post by greg_s »

The one here looks to be caused by poor earthing. They have a new version being released that has built in protections that does not require an earth rod or seperate protection device. I'll check out hypervolt too.
greg_s

Post by greg_s »

Another Q is on what comes with the car in terms of charging options. Do you get a granny charger with the car or just the type 2 to type 2 charge lead?
Roo1980

Post by Roo1980 »

Skoda only supply a type2 to type 2 lead. You can buy a granny cable from skoda and a multi use one as well at time of ordering, but 3rd party options are cheaper.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post