New to EV and new to Skoda

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
dben

Post by dben »

Hi

Now had my Enyaq for two weeks of three year lease.

Pod Point charger still to be installed after initial enquiry in July. Generally a nightmare to deal with so charging has not been as easy as we expected.

Still waiting for Octopus Energy to install Smart Meter, again after request months ago and no date in near future.

Even the Chargeplace Scotland card took 15 working days to come through and you can't order without the new car registration. Using the phone app a bit hit and miss connection wise so again not good start. Now have the card so we'll see if this works better.

Initial impressions of the car from both my wife and I are very good.

Local charging charging points to us don't exist but knew that home charging would be needed, so frustration with no charge point yet is spoiling initial ownership.

Regards

darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

I think installations are a bit hit and miss ours was installed within 3 weeks of submitting the initial enquiry, I guess we just fell lucky , im not sure if Octopus are doing any smart meter installs at the moment due to the spiralling energy costs I have just been put onto them by default as our energy supplier (Avro) went somewhat pear shaped and they have put us onto there standard variable tariff with nothing else to offer :o
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o
Wallis_100

Post by Wallis_100 »

Hello.
I'm also new to EVs (if you exclude 24v electric car racing at school) and Skoda .
Mine is on order to replace an ageing fiat still with 234k on the clock.

I've just ordered a Zappi charger - it's due for install on Friday
:)
Iv 60 loft. Energy blue, 100kw, towbar, heat pump, drive package plus
Ordered 28/sept/21 no delivery date yet... :roll:
Stripy

Post by Stripy »

Welcome to the electrifying world.

Although podpoint seem decent, their support and sales/installation is shocking.
If you haven’t paid anything to them yet, find a better offer with more reliable service - there should be a range of installers around to help.

For octopus, they might be a bit slow - before the crashes of the other suppliers, they had pretty decent service and response times.
The energy sector seems to be in a mess and extremely convoluted affairs with miles of red tape on hand.
Add then the best part of a million new customers overnight, that is put onto you from ofgem, from a company, which name have gone bust 3 times in the past. The mess is just to become bigger. I can imagine, you’re still not fully transferred and accounts settled yet - until then, I can imagine there’s no talk about smart meters or anything of the like.

It is worth waiting for though, so have patience
FranHG

Post by FranHG »

We found Podpoint service really good. Submitted all the answers and once they had those it was anout 4 werks to install.
Also using Octopus. Initially said it would be January for the smart meter but they came out last week to install it.
Maybe depends where you are in the country (although we are South Wales so not exactly near big cities where they may have numerous installers).
Iv60 Suite 100kw, Arctic Silver, Battery Pack/Heat Pump, Assisted Drive, Chrome, Climate, Comfort Seat, Convenience, Drive, Parking Pack
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

No problems with PodPoint so far - install was fine and scheduled charging is working really well.

Did look at Octopus when I ordered back in July but figured I would leave any switch decision till I either had the car or knew when I was getting it. Too late now, although whenever the EV tariffs return, I will need to get my spreadsheet out to see if it really is a saving overall as EV tariffs generally have higher rate than standard for the rest of the day.
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post