Can't wait to be totally free of the pump!

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
gap998

Post by gap998 »

Hi All,

Just found the forum - Placed my order for an iV60 on the 8th November with an expected date of March/April... yeah, right!

Bought a Renault Zoe as a commuter in 2015 - Always been a petrol head so wasn't expecting to like it so much! As a result, when I changed my job in 2017, I got an Outlander PHEV company car as our main car as there was nothing full EV that could do the same job (Big dog, towing, camping with teenage kids and occasionally wild camping in the back.)

Since then the Zoe was swapped for a Smart ForFour EQ in 2018 and then a Corsa E early this year. All the while I've been watching & waiting for a full EV to replace the Outlander - Enyaq fits the bill in every respect except towing capacity, but I can live with that. Would have liked an 80 but it was out of my budget and I know from charging the Outlander on the go 200 miles RWR is enough for my caffeine & bladder requirements! :D

The Outlander's been great, but still putting fuel in an the annoying buzz of the ICE kicking in is becoming increasingly irritating (& expensive), especially as I have to wait 6 months longer than planned to change it - First world problems eh! :lol:
Enyaq iV60 Loft 100kW Charging, Arc. Silver, Regulus 19", Heat Pump, Ass'd Drive Pack, Parking+, Drive Sport, Conv.+, Transport Pack

Order 2-11-21 - Built 22-08-22 - Collected 28-09-22 - Drive Fault 4-10-22 - Back to Dealer 18-10-22 - Fixed 17-11-22

RichR

Post by RichR »

I realised about a month ago that I may have filled my Outlander with petrol for the last time, my Enyaq is due in the next couple of weeks. Like you - the Outlander was the only big car that was partially EV I could get, and the Enyaq is one of the first full EVs that covers that type of car (I have two large dog crates in the boot, which won't work in a hatchback).

I would definitely recommend an Outlander PHEV to anyone worrying about whether to make the move to EVs - it's a great car to get the feel of what driving with electrical power is like, but still allows the flexibility of running on petrol for longer journeys if you're not sure about charging (mainly because it's not really worth charging an Outlander's 10kWh battery on public chargers)/
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Kwesi

Post by Kwesi »

Ordered my Enyaq IV60 on the 13th November, (Forgot to note down the trim selection) so got a while to go. Exchanging with my Nissan xtrail, which has a similar sizing with the Enyaq for a family of 5, all three kids using car seats. Managed to order a booster isofix for the skoda.

Looking forward to it as its our 1st electric car and the benefits of having one is great, free road tax, no congestion charge except £10 a year, cheaper on insurance (comprehensive). Very economical to run.
gap998

Post by gap998 »

RichR wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:43 am ...
I would definitely recommend an Outlander PHEV to anyone worrying about whether to make the move to EVs - it's a great car to get the feel of what driving with electrical power is like, but still allows the flexibility of running on petrol for longer journeys if you're not sure about charging (mainly because it's not really worth charging an Outlander's 10kWh battery on public chargers)/
I used to get my electricity & gas from Ecotricity, so I got half price charging on the Electric Highway, which made it worthwhile charging on a run (just), at my normal break intervals.
Enyaq iV60 Loft 100kW Charging, Arc. Silver, Regulus 19", Heat Pump, Ass'd Drive Pack, Parking+, Drive Sport, Conv.+, Transport Pack

Order 2-11-21 - Built 22-08-22 - Collected 28-09-22 - Drive Fault 4-10-22 - Back to Dealer 18-10-22 - Fixed 17-11-22

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post