Options people regret getting & not getting

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
jamest

Post by jamest »

@DazAutomatic I've booked it in into the dealer, but not until the 9th. I didn't fancy pulling out the fuse while things like the screen still have power. On the ID.4 forums quite a few people say it came back online after a week, so I'm kind of hoping mine fixes itself early next week!
Ordered 17th March 2021, delivered 17th November 2021. Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Moon White Metallic, 100kW, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Family Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Drive Sport Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Parking Package Plus.

C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Reverse camera was my first necessity and some how got lost in the numerous emails when ordering and still working out the bits to retro fit
BundE34

Post by BundE34 »

Goaty wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:44 am Good question!!

Regret not getting:
Drive Assist PLUS. I have Drive Assist BASIC - which is excellent in terms of the Assisted Cruise Control automatically maintaining speed and distance, as well as blind spot notification in the wing mirrors - but for just a couple of hundred quid more, Drive Assist PLUS apparently provides more advanced auto steering. Details were not that clear when I had to order.

Regret Getting:
I love the look of my 21” Betria alloys, but they are so susceptible to scuffing. I haven’t done it yet but it’s just a question of time. I should have gone for the 20” or even one of the 19” alloys.
I hear ya about the wheels, my better half loves kerbs. I'm getting the 20" vega wheels, hopefully the tyres have decent rim protection.

The fact you already have the driver assist pack, I'd imagine you'll probably be able to add the plus pack through an OTA purchase in the not so distant future. Alot of manufacturers going down that route.

I originally ordered the driver assist pack but I cancelled it as the total price of my car put me outside the tax rebate threshold here in Ireland. So I couldn't justify the cost especially when the only option in the pack I wanted was the blind spot detection.I have ACC in our current car and Ive only used it a handful of times in two years, I find it a bit brake heavy.

It's a pity skoda decided to go the package route instead of individual options on the Enyaq. I mean if you just want an electric boot you have to buy the convenience plus pack, ridiculous.
Last edited by BundE34 on Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IV60 Sportline, Brilliant Silver, Convenience Plus, Parking Assist, Climate, Comfort.
Ordered 20th Nov, build week 9, delivered 16th May.
darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

The one thing I miss is the electric tailgate as it weighs a ton
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

jamest wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:01 pm @DazAutomatic I've booked it in into the dealer, but not until the 9th. I didn't fancy pulling out the fuse while things like the screen still have power. On the ID.4 forums quite a few people say it came back online after a week, so I'm kind of hoping mine fixes itself early next week!
Same here re: the fuse. I'm still in the honeymoon period. Like you I'm waiting for the moment, and hope it's just a case of someone pressing a button somewhere.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

I would have liked the LED matrix lights but could not justify over £1000 ( of my money!) for better indicators!

Similarly, electric seats - nice to have but cost way too much.

I tried to add the Drive Sport Package after I ordered but it wasn’t possible. Now that I have the car I’m not sure that the regen paddles offer anything and I’m happy driving in B. Of course I also didn’t get the ‘mode’ button so can’t select driving modes - not sure if that’s a big deal or not.

Think colour choice is a personal thing and liked the look of the silver. Once I saw the 21 Betria wheels I just had to have them - and they come with self-sealing tyres, so no fiddly tyre repair kit to bother with!

My other options were driven by need for - Rear camera, heated seats, power tailgate, privacy glass and tow bar.

The one option I would add is the Family pack with rear blinds but other than that, I’m happy with the car I’ve got.
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

One thing I've noticed from here and the Facebook group - when you place your order, do not rely on the salesman to put things on the system based on what you say. They are human and can make mistakes, particularly if they don't quite understand which options you mean. The best thing is to use the Configurator on the Skoda website and print out the specification card PDF that it produces. This contains the code letters they need to enter on the Skoda system. Then ask them for your copy of the order form as soon as possible, and double check it.

Quite a lot of the popular options people with 60s go for are standard on 80s, and of course the Sportline 80 gets even more (eg matrix headlights). I found that the 80 Loft with all the options I'd added was almost the same price as a Sportline, which included most of them plus some others I hadn't originally chosen. So it's worth spending some time playing with different configurations to see what you can get for your budget.

My biggest recommendation is to consider whether you really need metallic paint. Energy Blue is a great colour, and that £600 (or £900 for red) buys a lot of functionality in terms of options. But then a bit of me wants to think that my Energy Blue Sportline will be a bit more unusual because it's not a metallic colour :D
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Collected my Enyaq this Monday, 29 November, and checking the supplied ‘toolkit’ was surprised to find there was no tyre sealant or compressor. Queried with my Dealer who advised unnecessary as vehicle fitted with “ self sealing tyres”. Well today and less than 75 miles covered the tyre pressure warning light came on and upon inspection found a nail in the NSR tyre. Went to local tyre depot who advised it is not possible to plug a self sealing tyre - they have ordered a replacement tyre and will remove the nail tomorrow - if it seals happy days, if not goodbye to £225.00 for a new tyre. Had they removed the nail today and it had not sealed the car would have been unusable. This will be my third replacement tyre since July, as 2 low profile tyres on my UP GTi have succumbed to potholes! Hark back to the days of a spare tyre!
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
Mfhphil

Post by Mfhphil »

Does anybody have any idea if any of the options are available post delivery? I know the wireless phone chargers aren’t but wondered if any others are. Thanks
Stepmb

Post by Stepmb »

Dorsetandy wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:11 pm Collected my Enyaq this Monday, 29 November, and checking the supplied ‘toolkit’ was surprised to find there was no tyre sealant or compressor. Queried with my Dealer who advised unnecessary as vehicle fitted with “ self sealing tyres”. Well today and less than 75 miles covered the tyre pressure warning light came on and upon inspection found a nail in the NSR tyre. Went to local tyre depot who advised it is not possible to plug a self sealing tyre - they have ordered a replacement tyre and will remove the nail tomorrow - if it seals happy days, if not goodbye to £225.00 for a new tyre. Had they removed the nail today and it had not sealed the car would have been unusable. This will be my third replacement tyre since July, as 2 low profile tyres on my UP GTi have succumbed to potholes! Hark back to the days of a spare tyre!
Don't believe all that stuff about not being able to repair self-sealing tyres! They can be repaired exactly the same as normal tyres but it's a longer job and they don't like doing it, and they'd prefer to sell you a new tyre. I've had at least 3 punctures in these tyres repaired.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post