Greetings, Folks

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Rowly

Post by Rowly »

Hi folks

Stumbled across this forum a couple of days ago and spent a while looking at the various threads before signing up. My current lease car (Lexus IS300h) is due to go back mid April and I stared looking for it's replacement in early October. Due to the BIK tax incentives and the fact that I don't do a huge amount of milage these days I decided it was time to make the jump from Hybrid to full EV and fairly quickly decided on the Enyaq mainly due to the large boot space and the fact that we've got a 43Kg German Shepherd dog to cart about!
Like most I suspect the main quandry was chosing to go for the 60 or 80, and whilst the vast majority of my driving will be locally around the East Sussex / Kent area and easily be covered by my Zappi, (fitted yesterday by the wonderful people at https://voltev.co.uk/! ) we do like to go away on long weekend breaks fairly often so will be doing a few long motorway trips all being well, so decided on the 80. After a couple of test drives I placed an order at my local Skoda dealer (Caffyns in Tunbridge Wells) on 24th Oct and am awaiting to hear the confirmation build week. Having read on here that delivery could be anything from 6 months onwards I'm not holding my breath. It also looks like I should have gone for the Driver Assist Plus option rather than the basic as I want the steering asistance so I've just emailed the salesman asking if it's possible to upgrade.

Have been looking at LOADS of Enyagq videos on You Tube - really looking forward to taking delivery ASAP!!!! :D
iV80 Black Magic ecoSuite, Heat Pump, Convenience+, Sunroof, Assisted Drive +, Comfort Basic, Climate Basic, Transport, Infotainment+. Orderd 24/10/21 Caffyns Tunbridge Wells. Confirmed build WK40/22 - Delivered 12/12/22

Deleted User 368

Post by Deleted User 368 »

Welcome and congrats on the choice. The Enyaq boot and interior space is enormous. I think Skoda have been surprised at the uptake and it’s clear the move to EV is really gathering pace. We all just need to be patient - but at least there is a lot of useful info to read through on-line in the meantime.
Daverichardson

Post by Daverichardson »

Hi Rowley, and welcome to the forum.
Like you, I chose the Enyaq because it could accommodate our large dog: A 58Kg Leonberger. As well as the space, the load height was a factor, since she is too big and heavy (and wriggly) to lift in!
Also like you, I now face a long wait. The estimate given was 1 May, but there is no certainty whatsoever that will be the date of delivery.
Susans Dad

Post by Susans Dad »

Rowly, glad you have joined us. You will find this forum very useful and similar to you, I have picked the Enyaq for dog transportation. There is no dog crates made specifically for this Enyaq yet but I have purchased a boot liner made for this model. Happy reading until you car arrives :D
Ordered 21 July 2021 - Enyaq iv 80 , Artic Silver, 21 Betria wheels, Light & view pack +, Infotainment pack +, Assisted drive pack +, Comfort seat pack +, Parking +, Climate pack +, Driving sport pack, Pan roof & now 125kW fast charge
RichR

Post by RichR »

We breed and show Smooth Collies. For most shows we use my wife's VW Caravelle, which has the rear 1.2 metres filled by a custom built double decker cage, but for shows where we're only taking two dogs (and up to four people) we'll use the Enyaq.

This is my boot with a couple of steel framed soft crates. They are slightly modified to make them 50cm wide (were originally 52cm wide and didn't fit my old Outlander). Enyaq boot is also 100cm wide, so they fit perfectly there too. The load cover locks them into place nicely too.

IMG_0500.jpeg

Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post