Swapped my order from an Ioniq 5 to an Enyak iV80

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

I had always been intrigued by electric cars but did not hold out much hope of being able to afford one. The Enyaq changed that for me.

We had an M Class Mercedes as we needed room for a large dog box as well as space for grandson’s child seat and push chair etc - apart from Tesla Model X, there wasn’t much else around that met the space requirement - but at a £100k it was way out of my league, so I never even considered it.

When I saw the Enyaq IV60 when my son was picking up his Kodiaq, it grabbed me straight away. Here was an EV that was big enough for my needs but with the PICG it seemed almost within reach, as the Merc was approaching nine years old and becoming costly to keep roadworthy.
I priced some specs and even with some necessary ( some maybe not so necessary) options I decided that I could afford it.

I researched the other MEB platform cars and the others were just too small in the boot for the dogs - and I did not like the ID.4 interior. The Q4 E-tron was far too small and far too expensive.

The Ionic 5 was/is eye-catching but again too small and too pricey. I’ve seen a few on the road and they look a bit dull in the flesh and a bit like an oversize hatchback, so not for me in any case.

I’ve now had the car for four weeks and love it! If I had more money and could go up market - I would go for a fully loaded Sportline.
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I agree - I’ve seen a few Ioniq 5’s in the flesh and they’re nothing special. They look like 1980’s concept cars ! Something the Austin Maestro looked like ‘on paper’ but that’s as far as the designers’ dreams ever got 😆
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Back in the summer I when I started to look for a suitable EV.....

I viewed the ID.3 - too small for my requirements.

Viewed the Ford Mustang , although wasn't available at that time to drive - but a bit pricey for what it is.

Tested the ID.4 - quite nice, bit quirky interior, horrible controls, boot a bit small for my requirements.

Tested the ENYAQ 60 with 19" wheels - wow lovely drive, perfect size. Drove beautifully couldn't fault it.

Then tested another ENYAQ 60 this time with 20" wheels - perfect, really loved the size, looks of the vehicle and the quality of the interior etc. So easy to drive, felt right at home in it. Placed my order immediately.
Also Tested the ENYAQ with 21" wheels, but too harsh ride for me - glad I chose the 20" wheels.

Whilst waiting for my order to arrive I also tested the Ioniq 5, nice drive, great tech, but similar concerns as ClausT above. Really cant believe they dont fit a rear wiper ??? Oh and just as Goaty says, the looks reminds me of an old Austin Maestro ! eww, lol.

Also tested the EV6 recently - lovely car to drive, looks superb, lots of tech, bit lower to ground than others, odd door handles, tiny boot space and impossible to view the speedometer safely from my driving position (Koreans are smaller people ?)
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

tiger tony wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:44 pm …and impossible to view the speedometer safely from my driving position (Koreans are smaller people ?)

I’ve been there many times (South) - actually Koreans are generally the same height as European’s, so sounds like a design issue if the speedo is hidden.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Goaty wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:52 pm
tiger tony wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:44 pm …and impossible to view the speedometer safely from my driving position (Koreans are smaller people ?)
I’ve been there many times (South) - actually Koreans are generally the same height as European’s, so sounds like a design issue if the speedo is hidden.
It was just impossible to see the speedo correctly, the steering wheel was always obscuring part of it no matter how I adjusted the seat or wheel. Maybe its just me - I do like to have a lofty driving position ! But The EV6 did have a very good HUD tho which sort of removed the need to check the speedo regularly.
Apparently the new 2022 Kia Sportage has the same dash and reportedly the same issue from some reviewers.
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

tiger tony wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:44 pm Tested the ENYAQ 60 with 19" wheels - wow lovely drive, perfect size. Drove beautifully couldn't fault it.

Then tested another ENYAQ 60 this time with 20" wheels - perfect, really loved the size, looks of the vehicle and the quality of the interior etc. So easy to drive, felt right at home in it. Placed my order immediately.
Also Tested the ENYAQ with 21" wheels, but too harsh ride for me - glad I chose the 20" wheels.
Was it aesthetics that made you choose the 20" over the 19" or the ride quality/handling? A good balance between 21 and 19? I was only able to try the 21" at my dealer. I'm not really that into wheels so kept the 19" to save a little money and perhaps gain a little range and comfort. I also wanted to reduce the risk of kerbing which i've done before. Super annoying.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

ChangoMutney wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:14 pm

Was it aesthetics that made you choose the 20" over the 19" or the ride quality/handling? A good balance between 21 and 19? I was only able to try the 21" at my dealer. I'm not really that into wheels so kept the 19" to save a little money and perhaps gain a little range and comfort. I also wanted to reduce the risk of kerbing which i've done before. Super annoying.
Definitely aesthetics, I love the look of the Betria 21" wheels, they really filled the wheel arches and made the vehicle stand out, but the 19" Proteus or Regulus just didnt cut it for me.

I tested all the vehicles within a few days of each other and took them all on a good 2 hr known test route ( Motorways, Dual carriageways, A roads, B roads especially with those lovely speed bumps and potholes).

I personally couldn't tell any difference in the good ride quality between the 19" and 20" wheels. But the 21's" were noticeably more uncomfortable, causing a very firm and jiggly ride. I'm in my mature years now so do prefer a little more comfort ! I went back and tried the 20" vehicle again and felt more comfortable after just 1/2mile of driving it. Decision was made.
Maybe with the Dynamic Chassis Control system things may have been different, but thats an extra £1000+. The 21's" might suit other drivers quite well, but sorry just not for me.

Oh yes and the test vehicle with 21" wheels was the only one with scuffed alloys. Although to be fair it was the one used by managers at weekends and had highest mileage on.

So I chose the 20" as they seem to suit the looks of the vehicle especially with the vehicle colour I chose (Race blue). They were also a no cost extra upgrade too when I ordered them. No brainer :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post