Swapped my order from an Ioniq 5 to an Enyak iV80

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Hi All, I've been driving a Prius since 2006 which I replaced with the Plug-in Version 2014. Been very happy with both cars. Super reliable, although a little boring. We've been a 1 car family since 2006 so whatever car we get has to do everything. I've been keeping an eye on the electric car market for many years and occasionally thought about getting a Tesla but it always seemed too impractical for loading up with camping and cycling gear. Recently went for a test drive in a Hyundai Ionic 5 and thought WOW, they've really come on. Put an order in the same day, feeling a little pressure due to supply issues and waiting times, salesman encouragement etc.

After a week of cooling off, trawling forums and starting to regret my choice of paint (matt gravity gold, was the only option for quickish delivery), I thought I really should test drive an Enyaq. I really wanted to not like it, to confirm I'd made the right choice..... Well, that didn't go to plan ;)

A number of things were starting to bug me about the i5 I had on order, none a deal-breaker on their own, but together they were starting to worry and annoy me. Silly door handles, which create a problem that doesn't need to be there (icy weather being of main concern), no rear wiper (bad for the UK 6 months a year) and then discussion and hinting of upping the battery of the long-range from 72 to 77kWh to match other countries but no definite date. Add that to the stunning looking, but completely impractical matt paint and it tipped me over the edge and I cancelled the order. TBH much of this was down to the bad launch in the UK of the Ioniq 5. It's a good car, but for me, they have just compromised practicality for aesthetics on too many decisions. The salesman was understanding and said he didn't blame me.

When I took the Enyaq for a test drive, I felt every issue I had with the i5 had been solved by the Enyaq. It seems like a bit of a Swiss Army Knife of EV's. Comfortable, quiet, huge boot for gear, door handles that don't need explaining to people, a rear wiper, even the rear camera has a washer, the list goes on and on. I can even have a sunroof. Fingers crossed it's a car I'll want to keep for many years.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

It is a pleasure to drive. Hope you included drive assist plus - I use travel assist constantly.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Perchede wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:40 pm It is a pleasure to drive. Hope you included drive assist plus - I use travel assist constantly.

Stop rubbing it in ! 😆

I didn’t get ‘plus’ 😭😭😭😖
🤣
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Beninscotland

Post by Beninscotland »

ChangoMutney (nice handle btw), welcome!

I imagine you will find a good number of people who have gone through the same thought process with regards the ionic 5 vs the Enyaq. As you can imagine you will only find agreement with your decision on this forum!

You may well have already seen it but I find this video summed up my entire EV buying thought process and research. Enjoy

Sportline
Ordered: 28/07/2021
Start Build: 13/09/2021
Status update "awaiting parts": 02/11/2021
Left factory: 14/01/2022
Departed Emden: 19/01/2022
Skoda email "Your life Electric is about to begin": 20/01/2022
Collection: 30/01/022
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Perchede wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:40 pm It is a pleasure to drive. Hope you included drive assist plus - I use travel assist constantly.
Yes I spec'd drive assist plus. This was on my essentials list. However I seem to have also spec'd quite a lot of things from my nice to have list too ! I feel like I've ended up with a much better car for the same kind of money.
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Beninscotland wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:42 pm ChangoMutney (nice handle btw), welcome!

I imagine you will find a good number of people who have gone through the same thought process with regards the ionic 5 vs the Enyaq. As you can imagine you will only find agreement with your decision on this forum!

You may well have already seen it but I find this video summed up my entire EV buying thought process and research. Enjoy

Thanks for the welcome and the link. I think this is one of the few videos I haven't yet seen on my drive into YouTube links. Appreciated.
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Ha! Did not know (RTFM) that the rear camera has a washer. And it does! Great. Only if it had a dryer too! :lol:
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Vasarolli wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:27 pm Ha! Did not know (RTFM) that the rear camera has a washer. And it does! Great. Only if it had a dryer too! :lol:
I hadn't read the manual but watched this video. It's a comparison between the EV6 and Enyaq. Clearing the rear camera works so well, it makes you feel a bit sorry for the guy in the EV6

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Just want to add that 6 weeks into my Enyaq experience, I’m having absolutely no regrets whatsoever 👍

Very comfortable drive, really impressive range especially if you’re prepared to drive a bit slower than usual on motorways - which ACC really helps with, and I came into this from a 66 plate 5 series BMW - obviously totally different cars and brands but I don’t miss the Beemer at all. The Enyaq doesn’t feel like a downwards step whatsoever.

Only had one minor electrical oddity (reversing sound froze for 10 mins) but these things will all be ironed out with firmware updates.

And the cost to run…. Less than 5 pence per mile 🥳
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
ClausT

Post by ClausT »

Funny, I had decided for the Ioniq5 as well, but lots of little things annoyed me - electric windows shutting with a 'klonk', 'silver' painted plastic buttons in the car, missing rear window wiper, boot space. And, the design is great imo - but I'm worried that the same design will look different in my eyes in a few years. :-)

Test drove the Enyaq twice, and was sold. Did not try the ID.4, hate the interior design, and the Q4 is too expensive (with the extras i want). Really dislike the EV6 design.
Enyaq 80, black, 21" betria, eco suite, convenience+, assisted drive+. comfort seats+, drive sport+, infotainment+, light & sight basic, clima+, family+, parking+, panorama roof, heatpump, towbar, transport package

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post