Electrically operated boot

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Mel20591

Post by Mel20591 »

Hello :D

I ordered my Enyaq iv60 in October, so far I have no build date so I’m making sure I’m still happy with all the extras that I have added onto the car. I’m wondering if the electric tail gate is worth paying for? Im thinking the boot will be quite heavy to close without it? Can anyone help?

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Hi,

I had electrically operated boots on my last two cars, but I don’t have it on the Enyaq.

The ‘manual’ boot opens easily once you’ve pressed the button - it’s assisted by pneumatic struts which work very well. That said, 4 or 5 years down the line, who knows….?

To close it, you just pull down on the rubber handle which dangles down on the right hand side and again, it’s pretty easy to do.

I’m glad I didn’t spend money on an electronically operated boot. In fact in both my previous cars with electric boots, there were occasions where I’d inadvertently opened the boot and damaged it (against a very close wall or a low ceiling on a Eurotunnel train) or not realised we’d somehow operated it from inside the house and had neighbours knock on the door to point out the boot was wide open!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Like Goaty I too had electrically operated tailgates on my previous car but not on my Enyaq - I do miss the ability to open the hatch hands free, helpful when you are carrying loads using both hands. Had to stop adding options at some stage and decided could manage with a manual tailgate - for me I decision have not regretted, despite continuing to load awkward items.

A word of caution on changing your build order - ordered mine on 12 July and was advised by the dealer that would be able to make changes to the build until the end of August. Realised 7 days after ordering reverse camera option had been omitted, went back to the dealer on 26 July only to be advised that build was ‘locked’ despite having no build date. Had to cancel and reorder putting delivery back about a month. Realise circumstances have changed in the last 6 months but my experience was that the Enyaq order experience is not necessarily flexible.

Good luck whatever you decide the Enyaq is great in any configuration.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

My last few cars always had the electrically operated boot lid, but the previous one I foolishly didn't spec it on the order.

But wow did I regret it, especially as I'm in my more mature years ! You always miss things more when you don't have it anymore, so I made sure this Enyaq definitely had it.

The foot activated control works perfectly everytime too, I'm afraid I wouldn't do without it now, especially as its such a heavy boot lid. But its Just my opinion.
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I suppose the best thing anyone can do, it see if they have a local Skoda dealership with a manual boot demonstrator- and go there and try it a few times.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

For us one of the key features many other EVs missed was exactly the motorized tailgate. Had it on our Volvo V70 and it is really a must if you want to keep your hands clean. The rear of the car is just so dirty all the time, as it either rains or snows here :)
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Vasarolli wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:34 am For us one of the key features many other EVs missed was exactly the motorized tailgate. Had it on our Volvo V70 and it is really a must if you want to keep your hands clean. The rear of the car is just so dirty all the time, as it either rains or snows here :)

True !!

9BAE5333-A625-4D50-AF0D-3C87E4183F55.jpeg

RichR

Post by RichR »

At least the rear camera gets its own washer jet, that works pretty well too!
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

RichR wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:08 am At least the rear camera gets its own washer jet, that works pretty well too!

It’s the cleanest part of the back of my car!! Although the ‘refill washer fluid’ warning came up over the weekend ;-)
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

I spec’d the power tailgate as I need it when walking the dogs - allows me to open in readiness to load the dogs and still keep control of them. The other options in Convenience + also swayed me as I do prefer privacy glass and the wireless charging is handy.

So my tip - if you have dogs, go for power tailgate.
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post