Volume gone mad!

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

My car has suddenly got very loud! The indicator volume and the drive selector tone are unbearable! Anyone had this issue?
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.

Rudesing

Post by Rudesing »

Had it twice before. Just had to exit car and leave it for about 10 minutes. Then all was back to normal when getting back in.
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

I too just left the car alone for a few minutes and it was back to normal. Very strange though - don’t think there’s any way of changing volume on ‘tones’ and indicators - also very loud haptic click on the screen - so how does this fault come about?
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Yes just another random software issues which sorts itself out so can’t go to dealer and show them
HalfManHalfFish

Post by HalfManHalfFish »

Had the Enyaq for 15 months and this happened to us for the first time today. Of course once I'd set up the camera to video the problem it started behaving itself.
When malfunctioning, all the system sounds (indicators, door unlocking, and the various random chirps and parps that the system makes to complain when you dare select drive or reverse without following the prescribed ritual exactly) were being spewed out at max volume, so they were badly clipped and driving the speakers as hard as they could.
Well, that's one more thing to add to the long list of things we hate about the infotainment / ADAS software on the Skoda. Which is a shame because everything else about the car is great.
Jackfi

Post by Jackfi »

Just having the same issue with my ‘23 Octavia.
Any clues?
Same random volume increase both in radio and Appleplay
RichR

Post by RichR »

I'm not sure it's the same issue on your Octavia - this affects all sounds, indicators, parking sensors etc. but not the radio/CarPlay. Generally on the Enyaq it either goes back to normal after 15 minutes or so, or just stopping and switching the car off and on again cures it. My Enyaq has done it just once in two and a bit years.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.